Jeremiah Sirles moving to center

ADS

This is a completely early guess based on early summer stuff but I would see Moore pretty solid at LT, Reeves LG, Pensick/Price as Center, Long at RG and RT up for grabs between A Rod. and Cotten with Sirles in the mix as well. And they'll actually use Sirles as a swing guy playing multiple spots on both sides. He probably knows the offense better but just isn't as strong as the other guys.

That would make the line pretty young:

LT LG C RG RT

SO RFR JR JR JR

That's too young. It's stupid to use an exceptional/aberrational source as a reference point, but when we deserved the Pipeline moniker in the mid 90's, those kids were all 4th year juniors or 5th year seniors. With another upper-classman right behind him. Depth takes time, true. And it isn't like there is zero exception to the rule. But I hate seeing zero seniors on that list.

I do too and there's no dodging that.

However, I do think we've got better talent and depth with the big uglies that we've had in a long, long time. "Patience my ass, I'm gonna kill somebody!!"

Lol!

Oh, I understand completely. But there's real-deal hope coming soon is my guess.

GBR!!

I do too and there's no dodging that.

However, I do think we've got better talent and depth with the big uglies that we've had in a long, long time. "Patience my ass, I'm gonna kill somebody!!"

Lol!

Oh, I understand completely. But there's real-deal hope coming soon is my guess.

GBR!!

:lol: to the bold sentiment.

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree with you brother. We kind of saw the low point in '09, and I think we're building the depth we need. As I said earlier, I saw definite improvement last year. To me, the major difference between the lines and every other position is that it is so hard to make an immediate impact. You can come in as a true freshman at the skill positions on offense or in the secondary and use pure athleticism and instinct to thrive. The line is a position that requires a lot of tangibles and intangibles. The stuff you can't see is the ingrained nastiness, the true passion and love for contact, as well as intelligence that make a great lineman. It's easy to gloss over how much you have to know to play on the line. You have to able to read defenses and react immediately, know the playbook backwards and forwards for every player on offense. It wasn't a coincidence that a lot of those Pipeline guys had 3.8+ GPAs. In difficult majors. The tangible is the actual physical body. Reiterating myself here, but these kids are still growing. And most of them won't get to full-grown man status until at least 20. Stating the super-obvious, body size and strength are vital to the position. Most guys don't reach the apex of that size and strength until at least three years into their college careers.

So, we're seeing some solid recruits being brought in and decent depth being built, but it will take some of that patience you're talking about to see the fruit of those recruiting labors. I'm reserving comment on the homicidal aspect, but I'm not outwardly stating that I'm against murder, either. :lol:

Brian Christopherson's "educated guess" from a little while back looked like this:

RT Sirles ARod

RG Long Reeves

C Pensick Jackson

LG Choi Moudy

LT Moore Qvale

Which would make the line a little older, but not much:

This is accurate, except for the fact that senior Brandon Thompson will be in the two-deep at guard over either Reeves or Moudy.

RT JR JR

RG JR RFR

C JR SR

LG SR SO

LT SO SR