Jeremiah Sirles moving to center

ADS

Oh boy...this all too confusing to me. I guess I'll just have to wait awhile to see what's really going on. The center position is critical to be sure but I'm reasonably confidant Barney, Stai & Garrison have a clue. An improved Oline is precisely what the doctor ordered. We'll see....

may the best guy win.

Oh, I see how it is. So no girl should even try out.

For center? Um, Idk. That just seems... something something.

I bet the Center - QB exchange would go more smoothly.

Don't they call it the doggie exchange or something?

I thought Price was working at center and Sirles was now the swing OT.

I can see Price at center, just a bit young yet. Beck said Qvale had a great Spring, guessing they feel better about OT depth with that and figure they might as well experiment with Sirles at center.

This sounds like a hypothetical question to me?

I'd be surprised to see Sirles at Center. Typically guard types are more suited to move to center than tackle types. I also think Sirles is a bit stiff in the upper body to play center. He would be okay pulling but I think there are others that are more nimble to manuever inside. He has good experience at tackle and can lend leadership there. He has played both sides so that helps depth. Tackle doesn't have a lot of depth or experience. I think Brandon Thompson might be more of an option at center than Sirles.

Moore,Sirles,Sterup

Choi,Reeves,Klatcho

Pensick,Jackson,Pelini,Price

Long,Thompson,Cotton,Moudy

Sirles or Arod, Qvale

This sounds like a hypothetical question to me?

Yeah, I was going to ask aspeed where he heard his, I haven't heard it anywhere else.

No this is serious, came from beck during an event in omaha, also where the Heard news and some other bits of info that have come out lately came from. I think they said they are going to try him at center i dont think its a permanent thing. Just giving him some snaps.

Im not sure if i like this move or not, with our current depth at OT i dont like it, but JP also said Qvale also had a great off season at OT, so it could have something to do with that. It would be awesome for upgrading our size at that position thats for sure.

Again i think hes just getting some snaps, nothing big.

it's going to be tough to expect a lot from this O line, when the coaches aren't sure YET where to plug people in.......asking a guy to play a new position, without any reps even in spring practice is a stretch.....center is the anchor position as well. if they are considering Sirles, that sure doesn't do much for the confidence of the guy who was behind Caputo last season.

Hunter, that's so pessimistic! Take heart, man. Position switches aren't always signs of disaster. In a program that preaches flexibility, some juggling around will happen. Especially just sliding around on the OL, not a big deal. Fine tuning and finding the best combinations.

it's going to be tough to expect a lot from this O line, when the coaches aren't sure YET where to plug people in.......asking a guy to play a new position, without any reps even in spring practice is a stretch.....center is the anchor position as well. if they are considering Sirles, that sure doesn't do much for the confidence of the guy who was behind Caputo last season.

You're assuming Sirles will start. Why are you assuming that?

Think it's just kind of putting 2 and 2 together - he's guaranteed a lot of playing time at tackle if not starting. Why sacrifice that and move him to center if he isn't needed there as a starter?

Think it's just kind of putting 2 and 2 together - he's guaranteed a lot of playing time at tackle if not starting. Why sacrifice that and move him to center if he isn't needed there as a starter?

read the thread he didnt move, they are just giving him some snaps