Gay Lincoln Woman Assaulted, Slurs Cut into Skin

Really glad this didn't end in a jail sentence. Society doesn't need to be protected from Charlie Rogers.

I think this is a fair sentence. Hopefully she gets her ship righted and can move on from this.

David Jespersen@davidjespersen

Charlie Rogers sentenced to 24 months probation and a required psychological evaluation in false reporting crime.

EDIT - spoke too soon. Looks like there are conditions on the sentence including a seven-day jail term. Understandable, but disappointing. Rogers doesn't need to spend time in our already overcrowded jails, no matter how serious it is to falsely report a crime. She needs help, not punishment.

David Jespersen@davidjespersen

Rogers will also have 250 hours of community service with Lincoln Parks and serve a 7 day jail sentence.

If Rogers will serve another 90 days in jail in 2015 but that can be waived if she follows her probation rules.

I'm fine with something as little as a 7 day jail sentence and the threat of more jail if she doesn't follow through with what is required. The first 7 days will make her do what ever it takes to not go back.

I agree. The psychological help is what she needs. But, the threat of jail may be what is needed to make her go get help.

I have a very good friend who went to alcohol counseling under the same type of situation over 30 years ago. They had a cell reserved for him. He is still dry to this day and claims that is what saved his life.

• Fire 1