Gay Lincoln Woman Assaulted, Slurs Cut into Skin

I don't think this was a hoax. I also don't think the 3 men had murder on their mind, seems as if they wanted to terrorize the woman.

Still have some questions though, why spray paint the basement and not the living room? Seems odd. What was the situation with the fire? 200 bucks is a simple carpet replacement.

Awful event no matter those details though. I feel for Ms. Rogers, no one should have things like this happen to them especially for the apparent reason. On a whole lesser level this has painted a really bad perception of the state. I couldn't count how many "What do you expect in Nebraska" type comments I have seen.

What was the situation with the fire? 200 bucks is a simple carpet replacement.

Not a construction or fire expert...but items in the home are typically fire retardant nowadays. It all depends on how well the assailants lit the fire. As many, non experienced campers can tell you...unless you know what you're doing, sometimes fires aren't the easiest things to get started. I'll admit that I was never a boyscout or anything...but lighting campfires sometimes takes awhile for it all to get going. If the assailants did use lighter fluid, as one who has tried to light a charcoal grill, unless you let the lighter fluid soak in, the fire usually burns itself out pretty quickly. I'm wondering if it wasn't the same with this fire. Only a surface fire that just burned through the lighter fluid before extinguishing itself.

klkn_hate_crime_120724_wg.jpg

A pic from the candlelight vigil the night after this broke. LINK

You gotta figure the longer this drags on the less likely it is the truth will be discovered--either that there were attackers or not.

• 4 weeks later...

Pretty unhappy to hear this, but it was a possibility all along:

County Attorney Issues Warrant for Alleged Hate Crime Victim

Lancaster County Attorney Joe Kelly has issued an arrest warrant for a woman who claims to be the victim of a hate crime.

Tuesday morning, Kelly filed a complaint of false reporting against 33 year-old Charlie Rogers. Shortly after, a judge signed off on an arrest warrant for Rogers. Rogers has 48 hours to turn herself in.

She faces up to one year in jail and a $1,000 fine.

Also, this is why I posted this back when this story came out.

Odd that the police haven't released any statement on this incident. I would expect, at the very least, a description of the alleged attackers. Clearly there are a lot of details we're not getting yet.

I think we're going to have a Paul Harvey moment on this case.

Now we know.... the rest of the story. But it's not a good story.

Lancaster County Attorney Joe Kelly has issued an arrest warrant for a woman who claims to be the victim of a hate crime.

Tuesday morning, Kelly filed a complaint of false reporting against 33 year-old Charlie Rogers. Shortly after, a judge signed off on an arrest warrant for Rogers. Rogers has 48 hours to turn herself in.

Odd that the police haven't released any statement on this incident. I would expect, at the very least, a description of the alleged attackers. Clearly there are a lot of details we're not getting yet.

Sad day. Unhappy to hear a young women has so many demons that she was compelled to do this. Relived Lincoln isn't the hate filled bigot fest the media painted us to be. Upset we will not see any form of correction in the national and international media about it.

Here she had myself and several people around South Sioux City believing here and supporting her only for her to pull this crap. She made us all look like fools for believing her and supporting her.

I feel ashamed in myself in believing her and she needs mental help BIG time.

Here she had myself and several people around South Sioux City believing here and supporting her only for her to pull this crap. She made us all look like fools for believing her and supporting her.

i would not feel ashamed for being sympathetic. compassion and trust create a much better world than cynicism and doubt.

Not saying you should be happy about this but why the heck does this make you unhappy? Isn't this the best case scenario for the saga? I'd much rather have her being a liar, pay the price for her mistake and most importantly have this situation be the wake up call that she has some some issues above the shoulders and hoping she gets the help that she needs. To me that sounds a lot better then Lincoln actually having three homophobic criminals that would preform horrendous crimes like this. The LBGT community should feel a little safer today.

Not saying you should be happy about this but why the heck does this make you unhappy?

Because she's clearly a person that needs help. I never believed this story from the beginning. It was like watching a car crash in slow motion. You know the bad thing is going to happen, and you can't do anything about it.

Today the bad thing happened. Not sure I should feel anything other than sad about it.

i would not feel ashamed for being sympathetic. compassion and trust create a much better world than cynicism and doubt.

Except to remind us that any Rush to Judgement contains inherent risk..........