2012 Summer Olympics - London Games

knapplc

Just noticed that Jordan's official Olympic photo looks like a mugshot. Also, they list her hometown as Fremont, NE. Fremont is the armpit of Nebraska. She probably isn't too pleased they put that as her hometown, even if it is the largest town near Hooper, and Hooper likely doesn't appear on any maps over in Britain.

1295753.png

Also, USA wins the first set, 26-24.

Take that, Commies.

Just noticed that Jordan's official Olympic photo looks like a mugshot. Also, they list her hometown as Fremont, NE. Fremont is the armpit of Nebraska. She probably isn't too pleased they put that as her hometown, even if it is the largest town near Hooper, and Hooper likely doesn't appear on any maps over in Britain.

1295753.png

Also, USA wins the first set, 26-24.

Take that, Commies.

Was Jordan struggling?

Fremont is a dump. But so is my town (Scribner). It's all going down-hill around that area. Hooper is no exception since the 4-lane bypasses the town now and there's no traffic through there. I still go there to visit Don's Barber shop though for my 7 dollar haircut and to view the most recent copy of the "Farm Journal"

If you look at medal counts over the past couple decades, the Chinese really have some momentum going. It's scary.

They have basically an Olympic Medal Mill set up. They take these kids at young ages away from their families and all they do is train for the Olympics. I'd rather do what we do than have that kind of system - although I think we could fork over some more dough on our end for our facilities and training.

Score: 8-5 China in the second set.