2012 Summer Olympics - London Games

knapplc

NBC is terrible. We're missing so much of this match because they're at commercial. Every single commercial break we're missing at least one point. I'd rather listen to it on radio.

I particularly liked the time they got back from commercial only to show the random sign in the upper deck for 10 seconds or so before getting back to the court.

American women got a little haphazard there after going up 2-0. Started coasting and S. Korea won the third, 25-20. We looked like we had it in the bag two different times in the fourth, only to start coasting again late, allowing S. Korea to make it close, but we ended up getting the win 3-1.

Jordan and Destinee Hooker teamed up for the match-winning block, which was nice. Team USA should have had the fourth in the bag when Jordan stepped back and bombed several serves, including an ace, to take it from 16-14 to 20-14 - all but sealing the win in a rally-scoring match. But three straight hitting errors, including two gaffes by Hooker with single or no blockers, made it 23-20. The U.S. finally closed it out, though.

On to Brazil. We play like that against the Brazilians, we're going to lose. Gotta stay focused.

I wish I understood volleyball, archery too. No idea how Italy won it.

American women got a little haphazard there after going up 2-0. Started coasting and S. Korea won the third, 25-20. We looked like we had it in the bag two different times in the fourth, only to start coasting again late, allowing S. Korea to make it close, but we ended up getting the win 3-1.

Jordan and Destinee Hooker teamed up for the match-winning block, which was nice. Team USA should have had the fourth in the bag when Jordan stepped back and bombed several serves, including an ace, to take it from 16-14 to 20-14 - all but sealing the win in a rally-scoring match. But three straight hitting errors, including two gaffes by Hooker with single or no blockers, made it 23-20. The U.S. finally closed it out, though.

On to Brazil. We play like that against the Brazilians, we're going to lose. Gotta stay focused.

I wish I understood volleyball, archery too. No idea how Italy won it.

Volleyball is awesome.

In case you missed Abby Wambach getting clocked in yesterday's match, here's the gif:

wambachpunch1.gif

And here's the resulting black eye from this AM:

wambach-8.jpeg

The Colombian player who hit her still says it was an accident. No foul was called on the play, and there's been no word as of this posting regarding penalties.

Of course, the biggest penalty was likely the 3-0 stomping Colombia received at the hands (err... feet) of the Americans. Scoreboard, bitch.