The Tyler Moore Explanation

knapplc

Sounds like he’s not likely to return. Which is too bad. He had the potential to be one of the Husker greats.

I wonder if the real story will ever come out? If it’s because he had a problem with a coach, well, that doesn’t bode well for Tyler. Players can’t dictate who coaches the team. Not at any level, from Pop Warner to the NFL. If it's because of the girlfriend thing, well, that would just be sad.

His girlfriend attends USF, and USF isn't in the picture...

It is not necessarily a personal problem with a coach. It could be a general impression that another system would be better for his development as a player - and he has the ability to make a change that would best serve his football career. It is the same ability all scholarship recruits have when they make their decisions - and of course, a number of them later find that their decisions were not the best ones for them.

Moore said reports that his son threw a helmet and stormed off during the middle of practice, or is leaving because his girlfriend attends USF, or had issues with the coaches because he was yelled at too much, are not true. He said Tyler Moore almost left in the spring, but was talked into staying after a meeting with head coach Bo Pelini.

Since he practiced this fall - did he just lose a year of eligibility?

No. You have to participate in team competition (against some other team) to lose a year. Doesn't matter though since his clock has already started so it will cost him a year or a RS. This will be a redshirt year most likely.

Since he practiced this fall - did he just lose a year of eligibility?

No. You have to participate in team competition (against some other team) to lose a year. Doesn't matter though since his clock has already started so it will cost him a year or a RS. This will be a redshirt year most likely.

I don't know if that's true. There is something about being on that roster and participating in team activities that starts your clock. I think the team competition is in regards to a redshirt, not eligibility (but i'm not anywhere near 100% sure). If that's the case though, he lost this year (redshirt) and he'd likely lose another year (transfer).

Interesting side note on his possible return. Assuming this is still the case, if someone transfers from a FCS school to a JUCO then they are not eligible to participate at an FCS without sitting out another year unless:

1. They graduate from the JUCO

-OR-

2. They transfer back to the FCS they left originally.

So, if he plans on making a decision this winter coming back to Nebraska would be a MUCH easier path than playing ball somewhere else. I don't know about his academic situation but at this point he has 4 years to play 3. If he can graduate from the JUCO in a semester/year then his options are wide open. If not, then we have a little more incentive to offer.

I would guess that he probably doesn't play football again and thats ok.

c

NO, THAT IS NOT OK!!! He will sit out this year while Nebraska wins the Legends undefeated, then the B1G Championship game , then fall 2 yards shy in the MNC game as Cross tries to score on a short run over the left side as time runs out. Moore realizes that NU is ONE yard from a Championship and makes that long lonely drive up to "the good life" to "get'r'done"!

2013 is our year!!!!................................

at least 'til 2014! :nanalama :nanalama