Jason Peter throws some crap at the wall.

NUpolo8

His problem, is that he thinks there's only one way to do things.

I don't think he legitimately does, but he often acts like he does, and that's the problem. There's more than one way to win, even at Nebraska. Even with all of his experiences he should know by now that some of it is irrelevant.

LONG LIVE SCHICK AND NICK

JP is 15 years and tons of drug addiction problems removed from the game. Also, any legitimate insights that he has are overshadowed by his incoherent and uninformed rantings about things.

Schick and Nick are/were removed from reality. JP's past is behind him. I would consider him a lot more informed about Husker football than most folks, and in particular, substantially more informed than either Schick or Nick.. The Schick and Nick show was a pathetic blend of incompetence laced with failed comedic substance. Neither one of those two idiots had a clue about most sports subjects, or most subjects in general. That is why they had whole hours of their show dedicated to other talk topics. It was epic and complete failure.

I, for one, am glad the Schick and Nick show is now dead forever. So is the rest of the rational world.

I think you misunderstood the goal of their show. It wasn't for everyone, but it was damn funny. It was very different and refreshing compared to every other same-old same-old rehashing sports talk radio show (and yeah, Gary/Jason is one of those run-of-the-mill dime a dozen shows). I'm sorry that you don't have a sense of humor and need to listen to "hard-hitting" (as if there is such a thing) radio talk 24/7. I prefer to be entertained. If I'm going to listen to Rome for 3 hours and USC for another 4, I don't need an entire morning devoted to the exact same topics, everything being rehashed by someone who will say whatever it takes to get people to listen. Loved the fresh perspective that Schick and Nick brought, their hilarious little quirks, the constant drops, and a good amount of pretty good sports talk too. They were your average sports fans; Nick offering an athlete's perspective, Matt being a great professional which showed by him getting a job at ESPNU. That's my perspective...try to enjoy your day a little more, Goalline!

• Fire 1

Jason Peter and his brother Christian were damn good Husker ball players. A couple of the best ever actually. Jason is definitely passionate about his Big Red football. I like it.

Ageed! But sometimes it seems that Jason is only passionate because he has a platform as well as a lot of opinions on how someone else isn't doing it the way you would! Loved the player! And if he were our AD then we would take his rants a little more serious! But just ranting for the sake of ranting is a little tired! I think he has an agenda! Whether it's get Bo fired or maybe he's pissed Frost didn't get a job here yet! Im not sure but from now on if he doesn't like how something is going then tell everyone how he would do it! Open himself up to criticism! In the end I guess we can all just change the station!! GBR

Jason Peter and his brother Christian were damn good Husker ball players. A couple of the best ever actually. Jason is definitely passionate about his Big Red football. I like it.

Well duh, we can't argue with this. He wants the best for the program and he's incredibly passionate. But...he's a bit out of touch and he's borderline unlistenable as a radio host.

LONG LIVE SCHICK AND NICK

JP is 15 years and tons of drug addiction problems removed from the game. Also, any legitimate insights that he has are overshadowed by his incoherent and uninformed rantings about things.

Schick and Nick are/were removed from reality. JP's past is behind him. I would consider him a lot more informed about Husker football than most folks, and in particular, substantially more informed than either Schick or Nick.. The Schick and Nick show was a pathetic blend of incompetence laced with failed comedic substance. Neither one of those two idiots had a clue about most sports subjects, or most subjects in general. That is why they had whole hours of their show dedicated to other talk topics. It was epic and complete failure.

I, for one, am glad the Schick and Nick show is now dead forever. So is the rest of the rational world.

I think you misunderstood the goal of their show. It wasn't for everyone, but it was damn funny. It was very different and refreshing compared to every other same-old same-old rehashing sports talk radio show (and yeah, Gary/Jason is one of those run-of-the-mill dime a dozen shows). I'm sorry that you don't have a sense of humor and need to listen to "hard-hitting" (as if there is such a thing) radio talk 24/7. I prefer to be entertained. If I'm going to listen to Rome for 3 hours and USC for another 4, I don't need an entire morning devoted to the exact same topics, everything being rehashed by someone who will say whatever it takes to get people to listen. Loved the fresh perspective that Schick and Nick brought, their hilarious little quirks, the constant drops, and a good amount of pretty good sports talk too. They were your average sports fans; Nick offering an athlete's perspective, Matt being a great professional which showed by him getting a job at ESPNU. That's my perspective...try to enjoy your day a little more, Goalline!

Sorry, I disagree! The reason they tried to be funny (and failed miserably at the attempt) is because they had no substance in their sports talk. They didn't have any "fresh perspective." What the had was incompetetant programing, lack of insightful material and absolutely no continuity in their show.

By the way, I do have a sense of humor. I read your posts. I enjoy everyday. 13 years of retirement has taught me to enjoy every breath I take. And, I do!

Exactly! They have been there and have the big prize to show for it. Being passionate about Big Red Football is what it is about. IMO, our current team lacks the same level of passion that Jason and Christian had when they were here. Not a whole lot in technique. Just line up and kick somebody's rear end on the other side of the line of scrimmage.

Exactly! They have been there and have the big prize to show for it. Being passionate about Big Red Football is what it is about. IMO, our current team lacks the same level of passion that Jason and Christian had when they were here. Not a whole lot in technique. Just line up and kick somebody's rear end on the other side of the line of scrimmage.

Thanks coach! :o Time's have changed!

Sorry, I disagree! The reason they tried to be funny (and failed miserably at the attempt) is because they had no substance in their sports talk. They didn't have any "fresh perspective." What the had was incompetetant programing, lack of insightful material and absolutely no continuity in their show.

By the way, I do have a sense of humor. I read your posts. I enjoy everyday. 13 years of retirement has taught me to enjoy every breath I take. And, I do!

Oh so you're an old guy! That explains it. You probably don't understand modern humor.

Oh so you're an old guy! That explains it. You probably don't understand modern humor.

No, I am not particularly old. I retired very young in life. Modern humor? Had I read your posts when I was a bit younger, I would still shake my head and laugh.

Passion is only a part of the game - you still need discipline, talent, good coaching, leadership, and a myriad of other things to be a championship winning team. I respectfully disagree with you in believing passion is the missing cog separating us between being good and being great. As I'm sure you realize, you can be the most passionate guy in the world, but it doesn't mean you'll be a great football player.

These kids care, and talking to them for a few minutes is more than enough evidence for me. Our problems are more structural and less ethereal.

• Fire 1

How can the fans of this team be satisfied with nothing less than a national championship, yet disregard then opinions of someone who was a member of the last Husker teams to do it? Of course he thinks the way they did it is the ONLY way to do it. Until we find something that works better and bring home the prize, i think hes right.

• Fire 1