Jason Peter throws some crap at the wall.

NUpolo8

I follow Jason Peter on the Twitter machine because I sometimes enjoy being angry (this is the same reason why I play golf). By doing this, I now know that Peter decided to troll Nebraska fans by asking why Nebraska isn't jumping into Tyran Mathieu sweepstakes. This leads me to a few observations:

-Jason Peter probably doesn't understand transfer rules. Or maybe I don't, but I was under the impression that unless Ol' Honey Badger wants to hit an FBS school up, he's done until the combine.

-To settle the topic on the board last week, yes Jason Peter will stir the pot regardless of the "good of the team". This was probably a no-brainer, but I can't think of any other reason to even bring up a situation like that this that has much chance of happening as Mathieu getting accepted into Mensa.

......so finally

-Maybe now Jason Peter can stop being an authority on Nebraska. It's pretty clear he's just after ratings.

Is this what you're talking about, Willis?

Jason Petez@jasonpeter

Hearing #honeybadger is looking for a place to play? Can #Huskers please get in the ring!

Jason Peter@jasonpeter

@mwxr50 Bo just got a commitment from an Auburn transfer who may never see the field. Mathieu is a game changer!

Jason Peter@jasonpeter

@dlrn64 agree w/possible problems but he can play! Sounds like he may have a "habit" of sorts,get em help,get em on the field. Just dreamin!

Jason Peter@jasonpeter

@cflem24 oh I know, its just fun to dream a little bit! Imagine the 1st time he sets up at the 50 ready to field a punt in Memorial Stadium!

Jason Peter@jasonpeter

@JF1Edge what, u think all the kids in Lincoln r choir boys? Not even close! Not that I'm evn serious bout this but at least he's got game!

Jason Peter@jasonpeter

@BrianBosiljevac @AJ_Goldsmith maybe that's what he needs! But boy the kid can play!

Jason Peter@jasonpeter

@BSDrews27 I know he's not coming to Lincoln but the kids at a crossroads right now.imagine if u get him on the right track

Hyperbolic, imperious bravado rules the roost these days. (See Bayless, Skip.) I don't understand it, because I would think this kind of behavior would have the opposite of the intended effect. I haven't watched SportsCenter in a decade. But there are clearly a lot of people who like that sort of arrogant, pseudo-prickly contrived attitude they shill over at the Leader. Talk radio is even worse and everyone is modeling the Espen formula because they've been wildly successful. (And it's bad on all fronts...especially the political stuff. There are some flat out scary people on the radio.)

Extremism sells. Rush Limbaugh and Bill Maher are good examples. Unbearably assured of their infallibility even while they spout ridiculously skewed sentiments. Nobody concedes a point anymore, ever, which is a sorrowful turn. True intelligence is humble enough to acknowledge fallacies and make corrections in reason, learn something new, and grow as a result. Unfortunately, that kind of intelligence isn't very loud. It speaks in a reasonable voice. And gets drowned out in the surrounding cacophony.

(wtf am I rambling about?)

• Fire 2

True. But he generates a buzz.

What is he generating buzz of? Oh hey imagine if we got this player that isnt able to play to come here!

Oh imagine if we could take the best players in NU football history and put them on polo magical ponies on the 50 yard line of memorial and had a husker hall of fame polo match, complete with magical ponies! That'd be swell, wouldn't it?! WOULDN"T IT?!?!?

True. But he generates a buzz.

So do my farts, but they dont get put on the radio.

What is he generating buzz of? Oh hey imagine if we got this player that isnt able to play to come here!

Oh imagine if we could take the best players in NU football history and put them on polo magical ponies on the 50 yard line of memorial and had a husker hall of fame polo match, complete with magical ponies! That'd be swell, wouldn't it?! WOULDN"T IT?!?!?

People--Husker fans--are talking about him. Sure, they're calling him an idiot and ridiculing him. But it's attention, even if it's 99% negative attention. And that's what the radio station wants I guess.

Hyperbolic, imperious bravado rules the roost these days. (See Bayless, Skip.) I don't understand it, because I would think this kind of behavior would have the opposite of the intended effect. I haven't watched SportsCenter in a decade. But there are clearly a lot of people who like that sort of arrogant, pseudo-prickly contrived attitude they shill over at the Leader. Talk radio is even worse and everyone is modeling the Espen formula because they've been wildly successful. (And it's bad on all fronts...especially the political stuff. There are some flat out scary people on the radio.)

Extremism sells. Rush Limbaugh and Bill Maher are good examples. Unbearably assured of their infallibility even while they spout ridiculously skewed sentiments. Nobody concedes a point anymore, ever, which is a sorrowful turn. True intelligence is humble enough to acknowledge fallacies and make corrections in reason, learn something new, and grow as a result. Unfortunately, that kind of intelligence isn't very loud. It speaks in a reasonable voice. And gets drowned out in the surrounding cacophony.

(wtf am I rambling about?)

reverse-1312893219_what.gif

• Fire 1