Jason Peter throws some crap at the wall.

NUpolo8

A former player that stays in Nebraska, especially one that accomplished the things JP did only needs to do one thing to be "successful" in this state, JUST SAY POSITIVE THINGS.

Now, you might not always be honest if you do that but man oh man, it basically sets you up for life here. Do I care that he says negative things, nope, its fine with me, it just seems like he is going to ruin his chances to get paid.

I think some other Husker great, Johnny something, Can't remember his last name, kind of promotes himself and the University all the time, hmmm what is that guys last name.

ESPN's Adam Schefter is reporting that Tyrann Mathieu would rather stay at LSU than go to any other university. He has to sit out from football for at least one year, although I didn't see if this meant all football, division one football, or LSU football. Mathieu would have to get approval from several university levels, including head coach Les Miles. But, according to Schefter, Mathieu is extremely upset about his dismissal from the team, so paying for school for a year, rejoining the program in two years for one season, and then going to the NFL draft might be his preferred option.

The way people are making it sound is Mathieu has absolutely no desire to play for any other program over LSU. If he can't get back on the team, he could go to a smaller in-state school for a season and then declare for the draft.

Unless Jason Peter said something different than what knapplc posted in here, I don't really understand what Peter did wrong here?

I don't give two squirts if the guy is critical of the team or the coaches. He's a burnt out, drug addicted, liar and I don't put a lot of stock in the opinions of those types of people.

I understand 1620 went through things they couldn't control, e.i. Kugler to BTN and Schick to ESPNU; but.....

If 1620 would have kept Bahe, they would have kept at least one more listner = FACT

I believe Michael S'vere (however you spell his name) to be the most "listenable" person on air. This will be a problem. Problem #1 for 1620 was losing ESPN radio, whatever the reason. Problem #2 was losing all the talent, again whatever the reason, probably due to the ESPN radio situation. AM590 has become #1 on my dial, and I'm not a fan of that.

I hate living in Omaha and not having descent sports radio about topics that are 45 miles away...

edit: I know Bahe had an "audition" last week with the show on AM590. I have fortunately been at home with no need to listen from the car. Hopefully it went well and I will be able to listen to him this week...

590 isn't terrible. I kind of like the afternoon guy who has been there for awhile now. Even if he is a Michigan fan.

That station still holds the record for the worst afternoon guy in history, though. I'd take Spanish class every day over listening to Matt Perrault talk about anything, ever. He's probably a huge Drake fan now.

590 isn't terrible. I kind of like the afternoon guy who has been there for awhile now. Even if he is a Michigan fan.

That station still holds the record for the worst afternoon guy in history, though. I'd take Spanish class every day over listening to Matt Perrault talk about anything, ever. He's probably a huge Drake fan now.

I would listen to Matt all day before Peters. Matt at least could make fun of himself. I liked it when his mom would call. I just got tired of it being the Blue Jay network.

I will say in Matts defense. The Jays are very easy to work with. UNL needs to hire their marketing guy.

I would listen to Matt all day before Peters. Matt at least could make fun of himself. I liked it when his mom would call. I just got tired of it being the Blue Jay network.

I will say in Matts defense. The Jays are very easy to work with. UNL needs to hire their marketing guy.

Yeah, I'm super-biased and not always objective when it comes to the Huskers. I always felt like he went out of his way to needle Nebraska fans, but that might have been an overreaction. I just remember little things. We stomp CU in Boulder in '05, and the next day on the air he's talking about how the win meant nothing. We lose, though, and the sky is falling. That's how I perceived him...but like I said, my obsession with all things Nebraska football clouds my judgement sometimes.

Yeah, I'm super-biased and not always objective when it comes to the Huskers. I always felt like he went out of his way to needle Nebraska fans, but that might have been an overreaction. I just remember little things. We stomp CU in Boulder in '05, and the next day on the air he's talking about how the win meant nothing. We lose, though, and the sky is falling. That's how I perceived him...but like I said, my obsession with all things Nebraska football clouds my judgement sometimes.

Perraults problem was that he thought since his show was out of Omaha he was going to be a big Jays fan and you can't like NU football. Its an east coast thing. He didn't understand how you could like NU football and like Creighton BB. In his little Boston head it didn't make sense. He was a good interviewer, but a little too much Jim Rome in him.