No more two gap Dline- Says Coach K

I compared Iowa's rankings in those stats last year to Nebraksa's. They both did poorly. Nebraska was worse. Nebraska can improve to Iowa's level, which isn't that much better to be honest.

It all depends, we could see a better improvement than what I suggested, but I'm saying that the defensive line philosophy still doesn't suggest aggressiveness from the front four.

I compared Iowa's rankings in those stats last year to Nebraksa's. They both did poorly. Nebraska was worse. Nebraska can improve to Iowa's level, which isn't that much better to be honest.

It all depends, we could see a better improvement than what I suggested, but I'm saying that the defensive line philosophy still doesn't suggest aggressiveness from the front four.

I think someone would have to be a mind reader to understand that's what you were saying.

But that's a fair point. I looked at those stats over the past 5 years and Iowa is always pretty low.

That's true, but does Nebraska have that kind of talent? It remains to be seen.

I'd say probably not at this point. That was a pretty special group. I also don't think we're really in as much of a "rebuilding" phase as Iowa was last year. We have more experience, and probably a little more talent.

Last year was definitely a rebuilding year for Iowa's defensive line with the loss of Clayborn, Klug, and Ballard. It might not be fair to base what Kaz can do entirely on last year.

I looked at TFL over the past 5 years, though. They were in the bottom half or bottom third all but once. They were 33rd that year.

Kaczenski said. “A lot of two-gap philosophy is read and react. We’re going to attack.

If true...about f'ing time. The last time Nebraska fielded an attacking, aggressive, defense was, by my recollection, 1999. Coincidentally (rolling eyes) that was the last time we won a conference title.

We actually had attacking defenses until 2007 by my recollection. They just weren't always good at it.

Great to hear we are going to be more aggressive on the d-line. I would also argue that we are the fastest team in the B1G.......that can work for or against you unfortunately.

I would have argued we were the fastest team in the B1G last year, and it didn't do a whole lot for us.

If a more attacking defensive produces better results for us overall, I'm fine with getting burnt by the occasional screen play.

Absolutely.

I'm fine with occasionally giving up a big play for getting more big plays defensively, more 3 & outs & having a chance of stopping running qbs.