Stay Classy Hawkeye fans

Apathy

1. Iowa Fans dont want a rivalry, the administration does.

2. I in no way want Iowa to Nebraska because I enjoy attending a school that has a shred of national respect outside of football.

3. I dont hate Nebraska football, not at all. I hate Wisconsin and Illinois. Most of those Iowa fans who hate nebraska are from the western part of the state and had to put up with arrogant nebraska fans their entire lives.

4. That shirt is funny. Maybe a little inappropriate, but funny.

5. Its obvious you are raising Iowa expectations so you can laugh when we go 7-5

Welcome to the board. Stick around and give us some Iowa perspective. I think a lot of the "animosity" between the fans stems from lack of knowledge. We're neighbors but we really don't know much about each other.

Several are mentioning Colorado. Why is this? Where they fans idiots?

Colorado fans have two main elements in the eyes of Husker fans.

1. They are vile. They destroy your property, throw urine bags and batteries at you, do not filter their language even with children around, etc.

2. They suffer from little brother syndrome. They tried manufacturing a rivalry with Nebraska that was based on hate and animosity and we didn't return the favor, considering them not worth our time while they focused a great deal on us.

Add a belief that anything non-positive that happens to the school/team is part of a conspiracy to keep them down and you've pegged PSU fans & their relationship with Ohio State.

Conversely Iowa fans have always been one of the better groups to interact with.

• 3 months later...

I wish people weren't uptight about touchy subjects, if you live with an open mind, and laugh at things that are meant to be laughed at, you will be a much happier person. Sure the shirt is frowned upon, but it's still funny.

I can't see that being funny. Not a happy subject with young men having their lives ruined by a trusted mentor.

I wish people weren't uptight about touchy subjects, if you live with an open mind, and laugh at things that are meant to be laughed at, you will be a much happier person. Sure the shirt is frowned upon, but it's still funny.

I can't see that being funny. Not a happy subject with young men having their lives ruined by a trusted mentor.

I don't disagree with you, but in today's society everything "funny" is based off of making fun of people who in a lower position/social standing/function etc. It's pretty sad that is how our society views important people as, the people with the loudest voices making fun of people and negative situations. I just watched the movie God Bless America and i was blown away. It was a messed up movie (watch the trailer) but it appeared to be a complete replica of what life in today's society is. Kids who are spoiled rotten and get angry if they don't get what they want, tv shows aimed at making people famous who don't have talent, harassing and making fun of people who can't help who they are. I think people just need to worry about themselves and be caring of others. Sure the picture was controversial but why get mad at it? you can't change it/take it off the internet. Any negative news story will turn into comedy and a form of entertainment in today's society.

Karma's a b*tch

It really is. Especially this part:

5. Its obvious you are raising Iowa expectations so you can laugh when we go 7-5

They wish they had gone 7-5. Try 4-8. Yes, we are laughing. But probably laughing at the idea of wasting any time even discussing Iowa as a potential rival.

• 2 weeks later...

Karma's a b*tch

It really is. Especially this part:

They wish they had gone 7-5. Try 4-8. Yes, we are laughing. But probably laughing at the idea of wasting any time even discussing Iowa as a potential rival.

i was gonna say - i count 8 or 9 losses there