v. Minnesota (3-9) Win

@ Michigan State (11-3) Probable loss

v. Penn State (9-4) Win

@ Northwestern (6-7) Probable win

@ Indiana (1-11) Win

v. Purdue (7-6) Probable win

@ Michigan (11-2) Loss

v. Nebraska (9-4) Toss Up

Easily double digit wins, I say they're probably a 10-2 team.

Oh come on now Bucky. You have us beating both Minnesota AND Northwestern??? I don't remember the last time we did that and that was with good teams. We always find new and interesting ways to lose to those two teams. That being said:

v. Penn State (9-4) Win

@ Northwestern (6-7) Probable win

@ Indiana (1-11) Win

v. Purdue (7-6) Probable win

is the stretch that will determine our season I think. 4-0 that and I like our chances to go 10-2. My gut tells me that this is a 7-5 team with a 10-2 schedule so I will put us at 9-3.

I would be willing to wager with you that Iowa loses to Penn State this year. Their defense will still be decent and I could really see PSU's offense being much more potent this year. I think next year is when you begin seeing some drop-off in play from them.

Several are mentioning Colorado. Why is this? Where they fans idiots?

Colorado fans have two main elements in the eyes of Husker fans.

1. They are vile. They destroy your property, throw urine bags and batteries at you, do not filter their language even with children around, etc.

2. They suffer from little brother syndrome. They tried manufacturing a rivalry with Nebraska that was based on hate and animosity and we didn't return the favor, considering them not worth our time while they focused a great deal on us.

People tend to think of Iowa fans the same way they think of Colorado fans in respect to point #2. Husker fans believe Iowa fans are jealous and butthurt that they don't have our success, history and tradition, even despite similar building blocks for both programs (geography, lack of in-state talent, blue-collar, etc.)

Several are mentioning Colorado. Why is this? Where they fans idiots?

Colorado has a lot of a-hole fans who have big egos even though they've barely won anything. They also considered Nebraska their rival and it seems that Iowa fans obsessively hate Nebraska and that obsessiveness isn't reciprocated. Iowa doesn't matter enough to be hated.

Husker fans believe Iowa fans are jealous and butthurt that they don't have our success, history and tradition, even despite similar building blocks for both programs (geography, lack of in-state talent, blue-collar, etc.)

I think most Husker fans have experienced first hand an Iowa fan who has an irrational hatred for Nebraska football. I know one myself and I never bash Iowa while talking to him. I've yet to brag to him that we beat them last year (or the previous several times), but he goes out of his way to tell me how much Nebraska sucks, even though my reaction is just to laugh.

The reason some Husker fans assume it's jealousy is because there really is no good explanation for the hatred and that's just one possibility. IIRC, you think it's because Nebraska fans are arrogant.

Husker fans believe Iowa fans are jealous and butthurt that they don't have our success, history and tradition, even despite similar building blocks for both programs (geography, lack of in-state talent, blue-collar, etc.)

I think most Husker fans have experienced first hand an Iowa fan who has an irrational hatred for Nebraska football. I know one myself and I never bash Iowa while talking to him. I've yet to brag to him that we beat them last year (or the previous several times), but he goes out of his way to tell me how much Nebraska sucks, even though my reaction is just to laugh.

The reason some Husker fans assume it's jealousy is because there really is no good explanation for the hatred and that's just one possibility. IIRC, you think it's because Nebraska fans are arrogant.

I think both are often true and when not, assumed true by Iowa fans - the same way that we experience irrational Hawkeye fans, and even when we don't we assume they are still irrational.

1. Iowa Fans dont want a rivalry, the administration does.

2. I in no way want Iowa to Nebraska because I enjoy attending a school that has a shred of national respect outside of football.

3. I dont hate Nebraska football, not at all. I hate Wisconsin and Illinois. Most of those Iowa fans who hate nebraska are from the western part of the state and had to put up with arrogant nebraska fans their entire lives.

4. That shirt is funny. Maybe a little inappropriate, but funny.

5. Its obvious you are raising Iowa expectations so you can laugh when we go 7-5

Colorado was a terrible team for all but a few years. When McCartney became their coach, he very vocally declared Nebraska to be Colorado's "rival'. This was never a mutual rivalry, and never really serious in any Nebraska fan's mind. It was manufactured and Coach McCartney used it as a benchmark for his team and fans, an attempt to quickly elevate Colorado to Nebraska's longtime status as a football power.

There was a lot of bad blood stirred up against Nebraska, for no other reason than we were historically a much better team. They circled the game date in red on calendars, said very negative things about Nebraska in the local media, and painted us as the "bad guys" that needed to be beat down.

Colorado's fan base took up this mission, and took it too far. For the few years when Colorado was competitive with Nebraska, Boulder was a dangerous place, physically, for Husker fans. There were assaults, batteries thrown, rocks thrown, injuries. Their fans keyed cars and broke mirrors and windshields on cars that merely had Nebraska license plates.

It was really, really, overboard. And all for the sake of a manufactured rivalry based, I suppose, on envy for our program's consistent success.

When Colorado fell apart, as a program, embroiled in scandal, the "rivalry" finally disappeared. Thank God. I lived in western Nebraska and truly had concerns about just being in the Boulder area anywhere close to game days there. I never went to any games at CU during that period, but had business in the area and had to go.

Some Iowa fans, at first glance, are spewing eerily similar (and, I think misplaced), vitriol at Nebraska, seemingly for no better reason than we have done more as a football team. I hope it never develops into the all-encompassing rage that Colorado fans had, but it looks spooky close, especially given that we have only played one game against the Hawkeyes since joining the BIG.

Colorado was a terrible team for all but a few years. When McCartney became their coach, he very vocally declared Nebraska to be Colorado's "rival'. This was never a mutual rivalry, and never really serious in any Nebraska fan's mind. It was manufactured and Coach McCartney used it as a benchmark for his team and fans, an attempt to quickly elevate Colorado to Nebraska's longtime status as a football power.

There was a lot of bad blood stirred up against Nebraska, for no other reason than we were historically a much better team. They circled the game date in red on calendars, said very negative things about Nebraska in the local media, and painted us as the "bad guys" that needed to be beat down.

Colorado's fan base took up this mission, and took it too far. For the few years when Colorado was competitive with Nebraska, Boulder was a dangerous place, physically, for Husker fans. There were assaults, batteries thrown, rocks thrown, injuries. Their fans keyed cars and broke mirrors and windshields on cars that merely had Nebraska license plates.

It was really, really, overboard. And all for the sake of a manufactured rivalry based, I suppose, on envy for our program's consistent success.

When Colorado fell apart, as a program, embroiled in scandal, the "rivalry" finally disappeared. Thank God. I lived in western Nebraska and truly had concerns about just being in the Boulder area anywhere close to game days there. I never went to any games at CU during that period, but had business in the area and had to go.

Some Iowa fans, at first glance, are spewing eerily similar (and, I think misplaced), vitriol at Nebraska, seemingly for no better reason than we have done more as a football team. I hope it never develops into the all-encompassing rage that Colorado fans had, but it looks spooky close, especially given that we have only played one game against the Hawkeyes since joining the BIG.

Also, in what can only be characterized as the best of irony, my uncle has two buddies that live in western Nebraska and are HUGE buffs fans! Went to a game in boulder(not even a CU-NU game) and had their car vandalized! :D