Stay Classy Hawkeye fans

Apathy

What makes their hatred even more pathetic is that there is so very little history between the two. With Colorado we played every single year for 62 years. What does Iowa have with us? A handful of games and only one 3-point victory since World War 2? What the hell is wrong with these people?

Short version? They wish they were Nebraska with every fiber of their being, and hate us for it. Similar states. Nebraska has a lot of hardware in the trophy case. Iowa, not so much.

What makes their hatred even more pathetic is that there is so very little history between the two. With Colorado we played every single year for 62 years. What does Iowa have with us? A handful of games and only one 3-point victory since World War 2? What the hell is wrong with these people?

Short version? They wish they were Nebraska with every fiber of their being, and hate us for it. Similar states. Nebraska has a lot of hardware in the trophy case. Iowa, not so much.

It's a combination of the above and a general unbearable-ness that comes with a lot of Husker fans who need to tell anyone how great we are.

It's a combination of the above and a general unbearable-ness that comes with a lot of Husker fans who need to tell anyone how great we are.

That's ridiculous! I'm way better than THAT!

• Fire 1

This picture has been floating around Facebook for the past couple days. Well all I have to say is that maybe Iowa fans might as well have showered at Penn State following the ass raping they received in Lincoln last year.

gayhawkeyeshirt.jpg

lol. What's the issue here? It's fine with me if Hawkeye fans take a bunch of showers at Penn State. More power to 'em! :lol:

Sounds like something a closet Iowa fan would say.

Sounds like something a closet Iowa fan would say.

Cool-Animated-GIFs-2.gif

Sometimes Nebraska pride is confused with arrogance. The difference comes down to a twitch of the eye or the intonation of a syllable. All parties will disagree on what the real intent was.

We do have history on our side, no doubt.

Some of us forget that history is in the past, though it is not as far in the past as some Hawk fans would like.

Last year's victory over Iowa only adds to the conundrum. If they win this year, they will be intolerable, and with less reason, by far, than the smug Husker fans they have had to deal with.

Yes, they are our new Colorado.

Whether we like it or not.

I asked one of my coworkers who is an Iowa fan why she hated Nebraska so much, and she said her parents raised her to hate Nebraska. When I asked why they did that, she had no reason. I told her I don't hate Iowa, because until we joined the B1G, they weren't relevant to Husker fans except for the few times we played, and killed, them. It's not like they were winning Rose Bowls left and right to get me all irked or anything.

That said, I actually think Iowa is going to be sneaky good this year.

I actually think Iowa is going to be sneaky good this year.

They should be. Have you seen their schedule? Their schedule is laughable

Unfortunately so is our D-Line.

Not according to my Hawkeye fan who told me that you're guys defense should be scary good this year.