Texas Judge - prepare for civil war if Obama is reelected

You just can't make this stuff up. This is exactly the kind of over-the-top rhetoric people need to guard themselves against. Handing America over to the U.N.? Who believes this stuff? And how do they get into positions of power?

"He's going to try to hand over the sovereignty of the United States to the U.N., and what is going to happen when that happens?," Head asked.

"I'm thinking the worst. Civil unrest, civil disobedience, civil war maybe. And we're not just talking a few riots here and demonstrations, we're talking Lexington, Concord, take up arms and get rid of the guy.

"Now what's going to happen if we do that, if the public decides to do that? He's going to send in U.N. troops. I don't want 'em in Lubbock County. OK. So I'm going to stand in front of their armored personnel carrier and say 'you're not coming in here'.

"And the sheriff, I've already asked him, I said 'you gonna back me' he said, 'yeah, I'll back you'. Well, I don't want a bunch of rookies back there. I want trained, equipped, seasoned veteran officers to back me."

LINK

Handing America over to the U.N.? Who believes this stuff?

I guess my posts in the other thread about the Clinton conspiracy theories were accidentally timely.

I'm not surprised that people believe this stuff but I am surprised that a judge believes this stuff.

(Then again . . . maybe not. I heard a judge complaining about Obama coming for his light bulbs.)

• Fire 1

I wonder what he's referring to. Actually I wonder if it is the recent U.N. arms resolution or whatever -- the potential regulations passed by the UN that may take effect in the US. I think there are legitimate concerns there, because that is passing up a measure of American sovereignty. Furthermore I think the criticisms of the Administration - which, if I recall (but I do so only vaguely) agreed to assent to the regulations, while promising to hold firm on its own current stance - are valid. By giving in a little they opened themselves up to giving in a little bit more - I think the argument I saw made was, once everyone's 90% of the way there, it becomes easy to give up the final 10% and compromise.

Which is great - except we are talking about international regulations superseding U.S. laws. I think.

Anyway, I could possibly be butchering up all of the details here. But I do think that's what this comment is referring to and I think there is maybe more here than has been expressed in the thread. Worth discussing, anyway. I am sure there are counter-arguments.

I wonder what he's referring to. Actually I wonder if it is the recent U.N. arms resolution or whatever -- the potential regulations passed by the UN that may take effect in the US. I think there are legitimate concerns there, because that is passing up a measure of American sovereignty. Furthermore I think the criticisms of the Administration - which, if I recall (but I do so only vaguely) agreed to assent to the regulations, while promising to hold firm on its own current stance - are valid. By giving in a little they opened themselves up to giving in a little bit more - I think the argument I saw made was, once everyone's 90% of the way there, it becomes easy to give up the final 10% and compromise.

Which is great - except we are talking about international regulations superseding U.S. laws. I think.

Anyway, I could possibly be butchering up all of the details here. But I do think that's what this comment is referring to and I think there is maybe more here than has been expressed in the thread. Worth discussing, anyway. I am sure there are counter-arguments.

You aren't talking about this, are you?

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/untreaty.asp

• Fire 1

Obviously stupid comment.

Agreed. Clearly.

However, Obama needs to go and go NOW.

Don't so much agree - at least, not go now in favor of the alternative, which I believe will be far worse (just worse in different ways).

THANK YOU!!! Finally somebody who I've heard agrees with me!

This just goes to show ya that you can find some idiot somewhere saying something ludicrous almost any day of the week. But, your chances of finding it are apparently much better when you're looking for it in Texas.

sd'sker- So what's the over/under here? 54,000 days? :dunno

This just goes to show ya that you can find some idiot somewhere saying something ludicrous almost any day of the week. But, your chances of finding it are apparently much better when you're looking for it in Texas.

sd'sker- So what's the over/under here? 54,000 days? :dunno

i think that is what abe set it at.