KSU Head Coach Snyder Retiring

HSKRNOKC

I've never really hated KState. I have nothing but respect for Bill Snyder. I mean, when you take arguably the worst team in the history of Div. I football and turn them into a power house in less than 10 years your a damn good coach in my book. KState coaches are kinda like the Green Bay staff in the 90's, You look at them now and there all over the place as head coaches.

Anyway, what do you guys think about what I said before about CU tightening their grip on the North in light of Snyder's retirement? I think it will be ISU chasing CU with everyone else trying to catch up for the next few years.

I think that could be the case. I guess it depends on who his replacement is and what he does with the program. I'd like to see NU be in that list to chasing for a Big 12 North title.

I read the article and one thing really dumbstruck me. I was amazed to see that he is only 66. I would have guessed he was much older than that. With the lack of discipline his team showed this year, I'm guessing he's just really really tired. I just hope someone who's been with him a while will be named the successor. If you think we have a clown on the sidelines, just try to hire a big name into Manhattan KS! He has actually accomplished the one thing many are still trying like Dan McCarney (sp) at Iowa State, take a loser and make them winners.

He will be missed. I still get a chuckle when I think of the Big 12 Championship game a couple of years ago when he spanked one of his ex assistants.

I think that Snyder did a fantastic job with that program in bringing them back to respectablitiy. However, I did not like him as a person in the way that he dealt with the media or other coaches and players. It hurts me to say this but I hope that KSU can find someone to keep KSU a contender so that Bill does not have to see what took a lot of hard work fall down the drain.

I hate Kansas St., but while reading the paper today about what he did at KSU was phenomenal. Don't necessarily like the guy or the school, but I respect how much he got out of nothing, and KSU is nothing(Thanks for sending Altman back this way, though. :lol: ). Switzer calls him the "coach of the century." Here is the link:

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=38&u_sid=2066458

Switzer drinks too much! :cheers

I hate Kansas St., but while reading the paper today about what he did at KSU was phenomenal. Don't necessarily like the guy or the school, but I respect how much he got out of nothing, and KSU is nothing(Thanks for sending Altman back this way, though. :lol: ). Switzer calls him the "coach of the century." Here is the link:

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=38&u_sid=2066458

IMO, he was a great coach and did a wonderful job at KSU .. even though they aren't my top team, I did enjoy watching them. It will be interesting to see who they get to replace Synder, however they are going to keep Synder on staff at KSU and you can bet he will have a MAJOR influence on who they hire next. According to most of the things I have read online they already have quite a list of people they are considering for this position.