CFN Nebraska-UCLA Prediction

I don't know why folks are thinking this will be close. Maybe it's because of a mobile qb.......But I watched them play Rice last week. I don't think Rice could beat the best high school in Texas. They are horrendous. Undersized, slow and couldn't tackle. UCLA ain't good folks. If this game is closer than 3 touchdowns, we are in serious trouble heading into the Big Ten. I am expecting us to hang 50 on em and keep them around 10-17 mark.

I don't know why folks are thinking this will be close. Maybe it's because of a mobile qb.......But I watched them play Rice last week. I don't think Rice could beat the best high school in Texas. They are horrendous. Undersized, slow and couldn't tackle. UCLA ain't good folks. If this game is closer than 3 touchdowns, we are in serious trouble heading into the Big Ten. I am expecting us to hang 50 on em and keep them around 10-17 mark.

Comparing Apples to Oranges ie NU vs Rice, when I saw parts of the game and the highlights, UCLA rattled off huge chunks of yardage in the middle of the field and by using draws or traps to the RB. Areas that we have been suspect at best in covering last year. If UCLA gouges us big, we are introuble heading into conference play. I am hoping our DL can lay the wood to their fresh line. I am hoping that we play more nickel and dime and get our athletes to play in space. I think someone mentioned in another thread that Cooper (IIRC) was going to play similar to Haag or Gomes. I would love to see Bo, bring one of those guys up as a LB in our dime/peso package to give us good pass coverage and a more athletic run stopper ala Super D in 2003!

I also hope Mo is 100%. I am anxious to see if he is as good as advertised. My give us a good rotation of capable DB's back there and allow Bo to mix up our personnel better.

I firmly believe we are going to win. The wild card is how much are they going to improve from week one to week two?

"vandy" and "lock" don't belong in the same sentence

92% betting red is not necessarily a good omen.

Now at 80%, but even with all the action on NU, the line hasn't moved at all. Hmm........................

For those more learned on the ways of these things, why hasn't the line moved? Why all the books think UCLA will cover? I know that home field is generally a 4-7 point swing, so a I correct that if the game were in Lincoln we would be a 9-11 point fave?