Defense

carlfense

why is it when we have a ball carrier coralled by 4 defender he somehow slips through before being tackled 10 yards downfield.

As I've said, it's not an x's and o's issue at this point. The guys are in position. Plays are just not being made. And there has been zero progress with the d-line. Our d-line is veteran and experienced, all across. UCLA's o-line is freshman loaded, literally, and we're getting wooped.

Can't wait for those stats about how our defense isn't as bad as it looks. :(

I don't agree with a whole lot of what you say, but this I agree with. Our defense looks horrid. The whole "no game film" excuse is crap. Slow play, lethargic attitude, piss poor tackling....game film doesn't fix that.

The scheme is somewhat a problem. Tackling is an issue as well.

Yes the defense is looking bad. I wasn't to worried last week was giving the coach the benieft of the doubt when he said he over coached them thinking Southern Miss was going to come out with some crazy plays and no knowing exactly how to prepare for a new coach and 3 qbs. But This week knowing what to expect and knowing how to coach to play agaist UCLA there not looking any better then last week. Knowing Bo he will get this fixed it might just take some time they have depth on the d but know big name talent like in the past years. Also think it has something to do with Carl not being the Defensive coordinator this year going to take some time to adjust for that as well.

What I don't get is that our D has been crap for the last couple of years, and then Bo promotes within. If we have been having troubles for the last couple of years, wouldn't you think that the problems wont go away if you dont hire new?

What I don't get is that our D has been crap for the last couple of years, and then Bo promotes within. If we have been having troubles for the last couple of years, wouldn't you think that the problems wont go away if you dont hire new?

I agree if the defense dosn't get any better this year or since he is a new coordinator next year and the way its looking might be taking a step back with out Carl. Then they need to look for a good defensive coordinator to bring in and get the Blackshirts back. Will see how the coaching staff adjust after this game before I jump on any bandwagon to get rid of the defensive coordiantor just yet.