"The Dude"

In my thread that was locked where I saw this loss coming from a mile away (god forbid my opinion be negative) here.

You said:

"Look at the bright side. Even if Nebraska loses this game, we're still top 3 in the conference."

Though the arc of our program over the last decade and dealing with game after game after game after game like the one we witnessed tonight have both left me so weary, I am going to try my level best to take a Measure of solace from your words. :(

Suffice it to say, this will not be easy as I fear we are in for a long season...

In my thread that was locked where I saw this loss coming from a mile away (god forbid my opinion be negative) here.

You said:

"Look at the bright side. Even if Nebraska loses this game, we're still top 3 in the conference."

Though the arc of our program over the last decade and dealing with game after game after game after game like the one we witnessed tonight have both left me so weary, I am going to try my level best to take a Measure of solace from your words. :(

Don't start a thread to tell one person one thing...come on man. Just PM him.

Also, guys. It's just a bunch of college kids play football. Don't let it ruin an otherwise beautiful evening.

I think people forget that. I love college football...as entertainment. At the end of the day its still just kids playing a game. Don't get too caught up in it or let it stir your emotions too much. It always irks me when people really dig into players, I don't care if that 19 year old kid did go out there and throw three interceptions, scholarship or not he's still just a kid.

When this stuff ceases to be entertaining for you and becomes a stress you need to stop watching.

Also, guys. It's just a bunch of college kids play football. Don't let it ruin an otherwise beautiful evening.

I think people forget that. I love college football...as entertainment. At the end of the day its still just kids playing a game. Don't get to caught up in it or let it stir your emotions too much. It always irks me when people really dig into players, I don't care if that 19 year old kid did go out there and throw three interceptions, scholarship or not he's still just a kid.

When this stuff ceases to be entertaining for you and becomes a stress you need to stop watching.

Do you realize the fanbase you are talking too? I agree with you, but we're (Nebraska fans) f*#k!n crazy!!!!

I think people forget that. I love college football...as entertainment. At the end of the day its still just kids playing a game. Don't get to caught up in it or let it stir your emotions too much. It always irks me when people really dig into players, I don't care if that 19 year old kid did go out there and throw three interceptions, scholarship or not he's still just a kid.

Do you realize the fanbase you are talking too? I agree with you, but we're (Nebraska fans) f*#k!n crazy!!!!

Meh its like that everywhere to some extent, or at least at most large schools that halfway give a damn. We all go out there and buy merchandise and tickets, invest time and emotion and fiercly identify with our teams so its hard to let go but its still just a game. Let it be entertaining. Get mad at the coaches who are paid by the university (state) to win but leave the players out of it. Not to point fingers, just making a general statement.

I was bummed UW lost but I'm still having a pretty good day. I'd be happy if we won and happy if we were blown out. The behavior of others, especially those that I don't know, doesn't generally determine my mood. Look up Huskers. Its just a game, you get another one in six days.

Meh its like that everywhere to some extent, or at least at most large schools that halfway give a damn. We all go out there and buy merchandise and tickets, invest time and emotion and fiercly identify with our teams so its hard to let go but its still just a game. Let it be entertaining. Get mad at the coaches who are paid by the university (state) to win but leave the players out of it. Not to point fingers, just making a general statement.

And this time next year, this loss (or years losses) but will be just a bad memory, the kool-aid drinking will commence, excitement will be high....

And this time next year, this loss (or years losses) but will be just a bad memory, the kool-aid drinking will commence, excitement will be high....

I was bummed UW lost but I'm still having a pretty good day. I'd be happy if we won and happy if we were blown out. The behavior of others, especially those that I don't know, doesn't generally determine my mood. Look up Huskers. Its just a game, you get another one in six days.

That's easily said coming from Wisconsin where one has lots of other sports options and distractions. To put it in terms that a fellow cheesehead can understand: Packer fans literally pale in comparison to the passion felt by Husker fans for their team. It borders on being unhealthy, but it is what it is. A loss like this can put people in a funk for the rest of the year--especially when it signals that they must wait at least another year before the chance that the Phoenix rises from the ashes.