Tired of being let down!

I can honestly say that I didn't like the game last night, obviously. However, I think some people are blaming the defense and not even mentioning the offense. The offense was simply horrific in the second half. It looked like they were scared of all of the blitzing and stunts that UCLA threw there way. I can honestly say that I'm tired of people saying that they can't watch them anymore and they are tired of being "let down". I don't like to see players saying that the other team "wanted it more", but I'm also not going to turn my back on a bunch of boys, everyone needs to remember that they are still boys, playing for the best college football team in my opinion. I will continue to support them even if they would go 1-10 this year. I'm a Husker fan, it's what I do. I HATED Callahan, but I would still be supporting the Huskers to this day if he was still the coach. If you are a true fan......suck it up and watch and support the Huskers in every single game this year! If you choose to "take a break" then please don't come back when we are dominating people every single week again!

I can honestly say that I didn't like the game last night, obviously. However, I think some people are blaming the defense and not even mentioning the offense. The offense was simply horrific in the second half. It looked like they were scared of all of the blitzing and stunts that UCLA threw there way. I can honestly say that I'm tired of people saying that they can't watch them anymore and they are tired of being "let down". I don't like to see players saying that the other team "wanted it more", but I'm also not going to turn my back on a bunch of boys, everyone needs to remember that they are still boys, playing for the best college football team in my opinion. I will continue to support them even if they would go 1-10 this year. I'm a Husker fan, it's what I do. I HATED Callahan, but I would still be supporting the Huskers to this day if he was still the coach. If you are a true fan......suck it up and watch and support the Huskers in every single game this year! If you choose to "take a break" then please don't come back when we are dominating people every single week again!

amen brother

You don't really think anyone is going anywhere do you? I drive 7 hours to the home games have tix for three away games and want to throw all of them in the fire pit currently....but I'm not going anywhere and neither is anyone else.

You don't really think anyone is going anywhere do you? I drive 7 hours to the home games have tix for three away games and want to throw all of them in the fire pit currently....but I'm not going anywhere and neither is anyone else.

Actually, that was the beginning of this thread. People talking about taking a break from the Huskers because they are tired of being "let down". I know that "true fans" won't go anywhere. But we do have fair weather fans just like every other team in the nation and they are starting to come out and say that they are ready to jump off of the bandwagon for a while.

Actually, that was the beginning of this thread. People talking about taking a break from the Huskers because they are tired of being "let down". I know that "true fans" won't go anywhere. But we do have fair weather fans just like every other team in the nation and they are starting to come out and say that they are ready to jump off of the bandwagon for a while.

Lots of adult beverages make people say lots of stupid things.

I was thinking that too, until I saw that everyone was posting this morning. I'm not saying people don't enjoy a beverage with breakfast now and then, but after last nights game, I'm thinking that most people enjoyed those beverages last night.

I was thinking that too, until I saw that everyone was posting this morning. I'm not saying people don't enjoy a beverage with breakfast now and then, but after last nights game, I'm thinking that most people enjoyed those beverages last night.

After seeing that mess of a game, wouldn't surprise me if people hadn't stopped drinking.

I'm disappointed with the defense, but they did play better in the second half once we started doing more blitzes and becoming a little more physical. Too little too late Paps...........Kaz, better figured out the weak defensive line soon or people are gonna start calling for your head, terrible play from them. Obviously the LB's are terrible as well.

The offense played okay in the 1st half, but couldn't execute in the second half.............the blame is two fold, the play calling was terrible, but the execution wasn't there either............I still don't understand why Cross couldn't play and if Bo doesn't play him the rest of the year I'll be completely baffled at Bo's decision. A steady rotation of power I with rotation of Cross, Heard, and Abdullah would've worn them down. Questionable coaching decisions all around, but we don't know what facts they are using to make these decisions.

Special teams, Maher I don't know what's going on with you, but your girl better start giving you some because I would've thought he was concrete until this season. Surprising and just adds to the issues.

Martinez, not surprising he reverted back to his old ways when pressured. You have to understand and not be so short sighted so much, muscle memory takes thousand of reps to ingrain into your body. Until he gets the reps, he'll be battling this for awhile. He's definately our QB and I have no doubt about that.

I was disappointed as well, but not really surprised. This game really exposed our lack of talent on defense. I was shocked at how much more physical they were then us. I didn't think Taylor play that bad. He was put into some tough situtations, credit there punter for some of that. However our play calling in those situations were just embarrasing. They were pinning their ears back the whole game and rushing the sh#t out of us, but we were to stupid to do any thing to slow down the blitz. We could have ran screens every series, but I don't recall running any. Then we totally panic and refuse to run the ball. Frustating lose but not totally surprising.

We do not play with aggression, focus or with a physicality --- the reason is that our defense (and offensive) systems are too complicated for our players to know what they are doing. They cannot even line up correctly on D much less know their assignments. This is yet another coaching flaw. If a player is frantically trying to figure out where to line up and what his assignment is --- as the ball is snapped... he cannot execute with aggression.

Almost every team we play is more physical, more intense, and exhibits more aggression than NU -- week in and week out. Our coaching is the main issue. Other teams --- almost to the number --- are better prepared and better coached. A player cannot execute his assignment with aggression and fire if he does not know where to line up or what his assignment is..

Solid points. And I dare say, it's easy to be labeled a defensive genius when you have NFL talent on the D-Line like Pelini had with Dorsey at LSU and Suh his first few years at Nebraska. A true "genius" can coach up mediocre talent. I'm not seeing that with Pelini and his inexperienced staff.

I'm tired of being let down, I'm also tired of people sunshine pumping after games like this. I'm sick of people acting like this.

Where the hell have out standards gone? Is this sort of pathetic performance what we should be looking for? Most yardage given up since an OU game vs Wilkinson's Sooners in the '50s, back when they were in the middle of a 47 game winning streak. And if you take out the knees at the end of the game, it was actually more.

"Most other teams would be happy with..." News flash. NEBRASKA IS NOT MOST OTHER TEAMS!! Excellence is the ONLY standard we should ever except. Not whatever the hell this pathetic excuse for a football team is we fielded on Saturday.

Just wanted to give a list of some issues that really stood out to me last night and give some reasons we are in a bind.

We do not have the horses to run Bo's 2 gap D. With SUH we looked all world. Even David covered up some mistakes. Now, we are seeing the effects of no talent at DL or LB.

Our best D Lineman is a converted LB with no technique, but just plays mean.

Our most electrifying receiver (JT) is a converted QB.

Our hardest hitting player is a WR in Quincy

Right now, most physical DB is a converted WR in SJB

Beck (good in 1st half) proved to stubborn, inexperienced and unable to adjust. Goes into a funk and can't get out. Heard was killing them and we abandoned run and made Martinez a pocket passer. Zone read from the end zone.

Martinez, while improved against SMU, reverted back under pressure. Beck placed him in a position to fail and then the Cotton Line made sure it happened.

O Line has 3 WALKONS. Our starting center is a 5th year Walk on IIRC. Make s a great story, but we won't win with this

Paps is new and inexperienced. We took a DL coach last year (with horrible D line play) and gave him the keys. Poor decision to promote him.

We were out played by UCLA starting 3 Freshman on the O line.

Looks like Cross wasted a RS year for one game.

Our strength and conditioning program really needs to be evaluated. Our seniors were pushed around by true Freshman Been saying this for years. Maybe we should ask Boyd Epply to help us find a new S&C coach.

In a nutshell, this on the job training for our staff is showing. Out coached in all aspects of the game. We can't adjust on the fly. We have recruited players for position A, who switch to another position and excel. Not a bad thing, but shows we are either recruiting the wrong guys or not developing them to simply take up a schollie and a roster spot. The 2 gap SUCKS. We line 2 far off the LOS to be effective. The DL has no fire and LB's are flat out slow.

We also almost gave up the most yards in Husker defensive history. In History. To a RS QB and an O line with 3 true Freshman

T_O_B

G>B>R

• Fire 1