Tired of being let down!

I've been a die hard, Bleed red, Husker fanatic all my life and have stood by the Huskers through thick and thin... never wavering!

But being let down after the UCLA game has disappointed me so much, i'm seriously considering taking a break from college football!?

Eric Martin said it in simple terms, "We just didn't want it enough." What? How in the heck can that even be possible? I can handle being beaten

because of the other team was simply better, but to be beaten due to the defense, "Not wanting it enough?" No excuse and the players seem to forget

they don't just play for themselves, they play for all the Husker fans around the world, and for them to come out and play uninspired football because

THEY DIDN"T WANT IT ENOUGH, makes me mad beyond words!

I pin this loss solely on the Defense. The offense, although had it's problems in the 2nd half, did their part and kept us in the game the whole time!

So i have three words for the Defense. How dare you! They not only let all the fans down, but worse, they knowingly let themselves down!

How much you want something, is something every person knows and therefore can be controlled! How dare you not want it enough!

The coaches are to blame as well! I don't now if they are over complicating things or what, but when i see all our linebackers looking around behind them

frantically giving hand signals at the snap of the ball instead of looking at the line of scrimmage and being ready for the play to start, I have

HUGE concerns!

I'm simply tired of the constant sloppy play and bad coaching!

I finally decided to join a Husker site after lurking for so long. I am looking for answers as to why this team continues to dissapoint me. We need better coaching, ones that can have this team prepared every week. The defense was horrible last night, that was embarrasing. Let's finish out the year and look for another leader and better recruiters.

I've been a die hard, Bleed red, Husker fanatic all my life and have stood by the Huskers through thick and thin... never wavering!

But being let down after the UCLA game has disappointed me so much, i'm seriously considering taking a break from college football!?

Eric Martin said it in simple terms, "We just didn't want it enough." What? How in the heck can that even be possible? I can handle being beaten

because of the other team was simply better, but to be beaten due to the defense, "Not wanting it enough?" No excuse and the players seem to forget

they don't just play for themselves, they play for all the Husker fans around the world, and for them to come out and play uninspired football because

I pin this loss solely on the Defense. The offense, although had it's problems in the 2nd half, did their part and kept us in the game the whole time!

So i have three words for the Denfense. How dare you! They not only did they let all the fans down, but worse, they knowingly let themselves down!

The coaches are to blame as well! I don't now if they are over complicating things or what, but when i see all our linebackers looking around behind them

giving hand frantically giving hand signals at the snap of the ball instead of looking at the line of scrimmage and being ready for the play to start, I have

HUGE concerns!

Every college football fan over-reacts to a loss. Do not give up the ship. Besides, wh

UCLA has had only one decent season in the last 13 years, so I know how hard it can be to stick with your team. The safety net for the UCLA football fans has normally been that there is always the basketball season to look forward to.

Let me ask you this: If UCLA goes undefeated (I"m just supposing...not expecting) how would you feel about last night's game then? Just curious.

So i have three words for the Denfense. How dare you! They not only did they let all the fans down, but worse, they knowingly let themselves down!

giving hand frantically giving hand signals at the snap of the ball instead of looking at the line of scrimmage and being ready for the play to start, I have

HUGE concerns!

Every college football fan over-reacts to a loss. Do not give up the ship. Besides, wh

UCLA has had only one decent season in the last 13 years, so I know how hard it can be to stick with your team. The safety net for the UCLA football fans has normally been that there is always the basketball season to look forward to.

Let me ask you this: If UCLA goes undefeated (I"m just supposing...not expecting) how would you feel about last night's game then? Just curious.

just as bad. doesnt matter if UCLA wins out. . we have gone from comparing ourselves to a level of performance, expectation and being Nebraska, to comparing ourselves to the conference, other teams , etc.

Bruleif i completely get where you are coming from and I understand and am grateful that you continue to have optimism... but after some thought, I still can't accept how the Huskers performed against UCLA!

We use to be the team that wore everybody down in the 2nd half. We have a walk-on program like none other and because of that advantage during summer and fall camp, should allow us to do that like under TO!

But it isn't happening! Has our coaching dropped off so much that even a walk-on program likes ours no longer means we have an advantage in player development or anything for that matter?

The defense is my main concern! Bo was hired to clean up the defense and I will go easy here and say play at a top 20 level D every single year! He had top 10 D's for how many years straight? We have regressed

on that side of the ball not improved! I don't get it, but it seems Bo isn't getting it, which is all that matters! Maybe he has put the reins of the Defense into other coaches hands who aren't seemingly able to get it done and he needs to take back control of the entire D? I don't know since i'm not an insider, but even i am smart enough to know that starting there would be the best bet!

No, no excuse in my book! We have the talent to beat UCLA last night but, "JUST DIDN"T WANT IT ENOUGH" That quote still upsets me and will continue to!

When we won National Championships, you NEVER questioned how much our team wanted it! Every single player on the field couldn't want anything in their entire lives more than those guys of the 90's did in getting the win!

Attitude and mindset play a huge role in the W and L columns for the season and the UCLA game is a perfect example!

The Huskers better find a way to make sure everybody is "wanting it" enough before each game or else heads will roll sooner rather than later! Before the game, the announcers talked about how jacked up UCLA was for this game. The Huskers? Pfffffffffffffffft!

At least the let down is early this year. Since Bo has been the HC he has benifited by a soft non conferenc schedule - winning most of those games fairly easily. The bravado builds and everyone is complaining about our rank, and or our lack of media respect. Listening to most people it's on to the MNC after winning the Sunbelt title Then somewhere in Oct comes a loss and Big Red Meltdown occurs. I still am supporting this team but I face reality and have an understanding of who we really are.

I will always support the Huskers! Not ever a question for me! But I'm simply stating I think I need a break from the emotional roller coaster that Pelini's teams cause me! I was a little concerned going into the game but my concern wasn't for whether or not we would play with intensity, and purpose or not. Those things were the furthest from my mind and for that to be the single biggest factor in our loss in my mind, is simply a heartbreak that shouldn't have been caused and one i shouldn't be feeling right now but I am!

The PINKshirts let themselves be embarrased by a freshman QB. 305 passing yards and 4 TD. The running back gets over 200 yards. We have no defense!

Taylor did his job. Amer did his job. The receivers did their job for the most part. The O Line let these guys down, no 3rd down conversions until late in the game and then letting the UCLA get to Taylor when we needed him the most. Unacceptable. Beck's play calling, that wr reverse in the 4th quarter, when was the last time you saw this play work?

I go from being optomistic to dreading the Saturdays when we play good teams. BoP has a lot of work to do.

T_O_B

G>B>R

:confucius:bigredn::confucius

Just wanted to give a list of some issues that really stood out to me last night and give some reasons we are in a bind.

We do not have the horses to run Bo's 2 gap D. With SUH we looked all world. Even David covered up some mistakes. Now, we are seeing the effects of no talent at DL or LB.

Our best D Lineman is a converted LB with no technique, but just plays mean.

Our most electrifying receiver (JT) is a converted QB.

Our hardest hitting player is a WR in Quincy

Right now, most physical DB is a converted WR in SJB

Beck (good in 1st half) proved to stubborn, inexperienced and unable to adjust. Goes into a funk and can't get out. Heard was killing them and we abandoned run and made Martinez a pocket passer. Zone read from the end zone.

Martinez, while improved against SMU, reverted back under pressure. Beck placed him in a position to fail

O Line has 3 WALKONS. Our starting center is a 5th year Walk on IIRC. Make s a great story, but we won't win with this

Paps is new and inexperienced. We took a DL coach last year (with horrible D line play) and gave him the keys.

We were out played by UCLA starting 3 Freshman on the O line.

Looks like Cross wasted a RS year for one game.

Our strength and conditioning program really needs to be evaluated. Our seniors were pushed around by true Freshman

In a nutshell, this on the job training for our staff is showing. Out coached in all aspects of the game. We can't adjust on the fly. We have recruited players for position A, who switch to another position and excel. Not a bad thing, but shows we are either recruiting the wrong guys or not developing them to simply take up a schollie and a roster spot. The 2 gap SUCKS. We line 2 far off the LOS to be effective. The DL has no fire and LB's are flat out slow.

We also almost gave up the most yards in Husker defensive history. In History. To a RS QB and an O line with 3 true Freshman

• Fire 1

I was disappointed as well, but not really surprised. This game really exposed our lack of talent on defense. I was shocked at how much more physical they were then us. I didn't think Taylor play that bad. He was put into some tough situtations, credit there punter for some of that. However our play calling in those situations were just embarrasing. They were pinning their ears back the whole game and rushing the sh#t out of us, but we were to stupid to do any thing to slow down the blitz. We could have ran screens every series, but I don't recall running any. Then we totally panic and refuse to run the ball. Frustating lose but not totally surprising.

Just wanted to give a list of some issues that really stood out to me last night and give some reasons we are in a bind.

We do not have the horses to run Bo's 2 gap D. With SUH we looked all world. Even David covered up some mistakes. Now, we are seeing the effects of no talent at DL or LB.

Our best D Lineman is a converted LB with no technique, but just plays mean.

Our most electrifying receiver (JT) is a converted QB.

Our hardest hitting player is a WR in Quincy

Right now, most physical DB is a converted WR in SJB

Beck (good in 1st half) proved to stubborn, inexperienced and unable to adjust. Goes into a funk and can't get out. Heard was killing them and we abandoned run and made Martinez a pocket passer. Zone read from the end zone.

Martinez, while improved against SMU, reverted back under pressure. Beck placed him in a position to fail

O Line has 3 WALKONS. Our starting center is a 5th year Walk on IIRC. Make s a great story, but we won't win with this

Paps is new and inexperienced. We took a DL coach last year (with horrible D line play) and gave him the keys.

We were out played by UCLA starting 3 Freshman on the O line.

Looks like Cross wasted a RS year for one game.

Our strength and conditioning program really needs to be evaluated. Our seniors were pushed around by true Freshman

In a nutshell, this on the job training for our staff is showing. Out coached in all aspects of the game. We can't adjust on the fly. We have recruited players for position A, who switch to another position and excel. Not a bad thing, but shows we are either recruiting the wrong guys or not developing them to simply take up a schollie and a roster spot. The 2 gap SUCKS. We line 2 far off the LOS to be effective. The DL has no fire and LB's are flat out slow.

We also almost gave up the most yards in Husker defensive history. In History. To a RS QB and an O line with 3 true Freshman

Agree with everything but the jt comment. While I think he certainly is quick he often still looks clueless out there.

I was disappointed as well, but not really surprised. This game really exposed our lack of talent on defense. I was shocked at how much more physical they were then us. I didn't think Taylor play that bad. He was put into some tough situtations, credit there punter for some of that. However our play calling in those situations were just embarrasing. They were pinning their ears back the whole game and rushing the sh#t out of us, but we were to stupid to do any thing to slow down the blitz. We could have ran screens every series, but I don't recall running any. Then we totally panic and refuse to run the ball. Frustating lose but not totally surprising.

We do not play with aggression, focus or with a physicality --- the reason is that our defense (and offensive) systems are too complicated for our players to know what they are doing. They cannot even line up correctly on D much less know their assignments. This is yet another coaching flaw. If a player is frantically trying to figure out where to line up and what his assignment is --- as the ball is snapped... he cannot execute with aggression.

Almost every team we play is more physical, more intense, and exhibits more aggression than NU -- week in and week out. Our coaching is the main issue. Other teams --- almost to the number --- are better prepared and better coached. A player cannot execute his assignment with aggression and fire if he does not know where to line up or what his assignment is..