National perception of Bo Pelini

FLU

Then I saw, "NEBRASKA 84, MINNESOTA 13." At that moment, I instantly became an NU fan... ~ FLU

Haha sure whatever you say, man. I'm a follower because I'd rather see where the season takes us since we're only TWO games in. Who knows maybe I'll want Bo fired come end of season. Maybe I'll think give that man a raise. At least I'm not irrational like you.

Um, you forgot to mention that I was 8 years old at the time when I became a fan.

And there's a difference between between irrational and realistic. You think that achieving 8 wins or less this year is irrational; I think it's realistic. I think that winning 11 games is irrational; you think it's realistic. We shall see.

I didn't forget... I purposely left it out. I was just quoting you. Didn't say anything beyond that. Who cares how old you were? How did you interpret it?

Now as for your whole 8 win or less vs 11 win thing. I'm not trying to debate the number of wins we have this year. Because I don't know how the season will play out. That's not what I'm arguing. So more to the point. What I really find irrational (pay attention because this important and I need your focus).. is why any individual finds it almost necessary to bring up the topic of firing our head coach when we're only 2 games into the season. If you want to talk about this towards the end of the season or even mid season, I'd say sure go for it (As long as we not 11-1 at is.. then I might say you have a mental problem) . But this year at this point we've only lost 1 game. And considering Bo's been here 4 full seasons and had at least 9 wins each season I find it ridiculous that so many individuals have found it to be their main topic of discussion in the past as well. If you don't understand that... maybe you could write a letter to Tom Osborne and see if he can help explain it to you.

Wow, really?? You hold an 8-year old accountable for jumping on a team's bandwagon? Nice.

In other news, you might want to look up the definition of the word "hypothetical" and get back to me. Webster's can probably assist you.

I don't think it's trrational at all (and apparently neither do numerous others) for this topic to be discussed. This is MORE than just 2 games we're talking about, and that's what you fail to realize. This is Year FIVE of the same mistakes being made over and over again, with little or no signs of progress or improvement, and losing to teams that we have no business losing to. People actually have us on "upset alert" for Arkansas State. Not Arkansas, Arkansas State! 'Nuff said.

At this point, I'd be more comfortable if we were playing Arkansas

Then I saw, "NEBRASKA 84, MINNESOTA 13." At that moment, I instantly became an NU fan... ~ FLU

Haha sure whatever you say, man. I'm a follower because I'd rather see where the season takes us since we're only TWO games in. Who knows maybe I'll want Bo fired come end of season. Maybe I'll think give that man a raise. At least I'm not irrational like you.

Um, you forgot to mention that I was 8 years old at the time when I became a fan.

And there's a difference between between irrational and realistic. You think that achieving 8 wins or less this year is irrational; I think it's realistic. I think that winning 11 games is irrational; you think it's realistic. We shall see.

I didn't forget... I purposely left it out. I was just quoting you. Didn't say anything beyond that. Who cares how old you were? How did you interpret it?

Now as for your whole 8 win or less vs 11 win thing. I'm not trying to debate the number of wins we have this year. Because I don't know how the season will play out. That's not what I'm arguing. So more to the point. What I really find irrational (pay attention because this important and I need your focus).. is why any individual finds it almost necessary to bring up the topic of firing our head coach when we're only 2 games into the season. If you want to talk about this towards the end of the season or even mid season, I'd say sure go for it (As long as we not 11-1 at is.. then I might say you have a mental problem) . But this year at this point we've only lost 1 game. And considering Bo's been here 4 full seasons and had at least 9 wins each season I find it ridiculous that so many individuals have found it to be their main topic of discussion in the past as well. If you don't understand that... maybe you could write a letter to Tom Osborne and see if he can help explain it to you.

Wow, really?? You hold an 8-year old accountable for jumping on a team's bandwagon? Nice.

In other news, you might want to look up the definition of the word "hypothetical" and get back to me. Webster's can probably assist you.

I don't think it's trrational at all (and apparently neither do numerous others) for this topic to be discussed. This is MORE than just 2 games we're talking about, and that's what you fail to realize. This is Year FIVE of the same mistakes being made over and over again, with little or no signs of progress or improvement, and losing to teams that we have no business losing to. People actually have us on "upset alert" for Arkansas State. Not Arkansas, Arkansas State! 'Nuff said.

Hahaha I did you even read what I wrote?

Hahaha I did you even read what I wrote?

Haha I mean where did you get that I was holding an 8 year old accountable for jumping on a team's bandwagon out of that? And now we're back to hypothetical?

Anyway.. Tell me about your childhood?

I didn't forget... I purposely left it out. I was just quoting you. Didn't say anything beyond that. Who cares how old you were?

You purposely left out the fact that I was 8, and state that who cares how old I was, as though it makes no difference.

Just let it die, man.

I didn't forget... I purposely left it out. I was just quoting you. Didn't say anything beyond that. Who cares how old you were?

You purposely left out the fact that I was 8, and state that who cares how old I was, as though it makes no difference.

Just let it die, man.

No, I left out your age because it's not important. I don't care how old you were. I don't care if you jumped on the Nebraska bandwagon during that game. But I did put that quote of yours in there for a purpose.

I was hoping you would look at that quote and think about that game. I was hoping you would think about that season. Why? Because when Nebraska beat Minnesota 84 - 13... that was in 1983. That was 11 (ELEVEN) years after Tom Osborne became head football coach on Nebraska. Interestingly that was really the first year Tom Osborne had a chance at a National Championship. It took Tom Osborne 11 years for that opportunity.

Now Bo is only into his 5th season as head coach. Is it fair to compare Bo and Osbornes careers? Absolutely, no. But is it fair to compare their first 5 years as head coaches and the circumstances they both came into? Absolutely, yes. So lets do that.

I'll look specifically at just Tom Osbornes first 5 years.

1973 9-2-1 lost to unranked Missouri, tied unranked Okie State, lost to Oklahoma 0-27

1974 9-3 lost to unranked Wisconsin, unranked Missouri, lost to Oklahoma 14-28

1975 10-2 lost to ASU, lost to Oklahoma 10-35

1976 9-3-1 lost to #17 Missouri, unranked Iowa St., lost to Oklahoma 17-20

1977 9-3 lost to unranked Iowa St., lost to Oklahoma 7-38

You do a lot of talking about how Bo can't win the big game, loses games he shouldn't lose. And your right.. But Tom Osborne had that same problem too when he started his career. Tom could not beat Oklahoma to save his life. Some pretty bad losses too. He also lost games he had no business losing. Missouri, Iowa State, Wisconsin. Here's a similarity between Bo and Tom. Both have won at least 9 games each season of their respective careers. Now that may change with Bo if he can't pull it together this year, but being a head hunter only two games into the season just doesn't make sense to me. You can say your saying you don't want Bo fired. But that's kind of hard to believe when your talking about it. Now I may change my opinion come end of season, but at this point I find it ridiculous to talk about.

So about how old you were when you made that quote. Doesn't matter. I didn't comment on quote. All I did was quote you. Next time you look at the quote think about that game. Think about that year. And maybe think about what it took and what Tom Osborne had to go through to get to that point.

All I wanted you to do... was think.

• Fire 2

Just let it die, man.

No, I left out your age because it's not important. I don't care how old you were. I don't care if you jumped on the Nebraska bandwagon during that game. But I did put that quote of yours in there for a purpose.

I was hoping you would look at that quote and think about that game. I was hoping you would think about that season. Why? Because when Nebraska beat Minnesota 84 - 13... that was in 1983. That was 11 (ELEVEN) years after Tom Osborne became head football coach on Nebraska. Interestingly that was really the first year Tom Osborne had a chance at a National Championship. It took Tom Osborne 11 years for that opportunity.

Now Bo is only into his 5th season as head coach. Is it fair to compare Bo and Osbornes careers? Absolutely, no. But is it fair to compare their first 5 years as head coaches and the circumstances they both came into? Absolutely, yes. So lets do that.

1973 9-2-1 lost to unranked Missouri, tied unranked Okie State, lost to Oklahoma 0-27

You do a lot of talking about how Bo can't win the big game, loses games he shouldn't lose. And your right.. But Tom Osborne had that same problem too when he started his career. Tom could not beat Oklahoma to save his life. Some pretty bad losses too. He also lost games he had no business losing. Missouri, Iowa State, Wisconsin. Here's a similarity between Bo and Tom. Both have won at least 9 games each season of their respective careers. Now that may change with Bo if he can't pull it together this year, but being a head hunter only two games into the season just doesn't make sense to me. You can say your saying you don't want Bo fired. But that's kind of hard to believe when your talking about it. Now I may change my opinion come end of season, but at this point I find it ridiculous to talk about.

So about how old you were when you made that quote. Doesn't matter. I didn't comment on quote. All I did was quote you. Next time you look at the quote think about that game. Think about that year. And maybe think about what it took and what Tom Osborne had to go through to get to that point.

As I've said all along, 9 is the magic number. As long as he keeps winning 9 a year, he's fine w/ me. Like I've said all along, I like Bo; I thought he was a good hire. I WANT him to succeed. I just don't think he'll get to 9 this year, something I said before the season, due to lack of recruiting and lack of improvement among the group we do have. Let's just wait and see. If he wins less than 9 games this year, you'll have a lot more people than just me to deal with.

Just let it die, man.

As I've said all along, 9 is the magic number. As long as he keeps winning 9 a year, he's fine w/ me. Like I've said all along, I like Bo; I thought he was a good hire. I WANT him to succeed. I just don't think he'll get to 9 this year, something I said before the season, due to lack of recruiting and lack of improvement among the group we do have. Let's just wait and see. If he wins less than 9 games this year, you'll have a lot more people than just me to deal with.

Like important people!