Defensive Scheme 2 Hard to Learn?

jwills2318

Do you think that Bo makes his defense too difficult to figure out? It seems like we always bring in these stud defensive players that either end up not panning out or not touching the field for 2-3 years because they can't figure out the defense. Instead we are playing our less athletically gifted "Acedemic All-American's" who are smart enough to grasp his schemes. Don't get me wrong I think Bo is a great defensive mind but I think he expects to much to the detriment of his team. To think that Lavonte David almost didn't get a shot his Junior year until Sean Fisher went down with an injury because David didn't have a full understanding of the defense blows my mind! Hopefully this is a wakeup call that things need to change. What do you think?

It's absolutely an overcomplicated scheme. No doubt about it and anybody who says otherwise doesn't know what they are talking about. Shawn Watson finally got pushed out the door because we could never get enough players on the field at one time that could grasp his offense. Same goes for Bo. This defense will not be successful until the system changes. K.I.S.S. I remember McBride commenting on how simplistic his defenses actually used to be. It wasn't rockets science. I heard a recent quote from a current Nebraska defender that said Bo's playbook is a lot harder than his homework.

It's absolutely an overcomplicated scheme. No doubt about it and anybody who says otherwise doesn't know what they are talking about. Shawn Watson finally got pushed out the door because we could never get enough players on the field at one time that could grasp his offense. Same goes for Bo. This defense will not be successful until the system changes. K.I.S.S. I remember McBride commenting on how simplistic his defenses actually used to be. It wasn't rockets science. I heard a recent quote from a current Nebraska defender that said Bo's playbook is a lot harder than his homework.

If I may play Devil's advocate here...

If it's so hard to learn, then why did it take our guys only two years to become one of the greatest Nebraska defenses of all time in '09?

What? Bo has proven here at Nebraska that his system works..... 2009 ring a bell? 2010?

• Fire 1

What? Bo has proven here at Nebraska that his system works..... 2009 ring a bell? 2010?

Yeah, when we had 3 linemen that made it to the league on our D-Line. We need to adapt to our talent level and recognize our weaknesses.

• Fire 1

Yeah, when we had 3 linemen that made it to the league on our D-Line. We need to adapt to our talent level and recognize our weaknesses.

I disagree, Bo needs to RECRUIT better.... I think he has the last couple years....

I disagree, Bo needs to RECRUIT better.... I think he has the last couple years....

While I agree my point still stands. He has to realize that we don't have the talent upfront to be successful with the 2 gap system right now. So we need to adapt a new strategy that works with out talent level. If we get the talent back one day we can go back to the system but it just doesn't work with our talent.

Image running Georgia Tech's offense with a QB that runs a 5.8 40. It just doesn't make sense.

While I agree my point still stands. He has to realize that we don't have the talent upfront to be successful with the 2 gap system right now. So we need to adapt a new strategy that works with out talent level. If we get the talent back one day we can go back to the system but it just doesn't work with our talent.

Image running Georgia Tech's offense with a QB that runs a 5.8 40. It just doesn't make sense.

Agreed. Dumbing down the system to get current young "athletes" on the field would be wise. Speed is a need!