Arky State costing us a cool Million $$

NUance

Whats with the "Y" at the end of our foes? Arky? Wisky? Okie State? I just don't get it.

It started with Texy and moved onto OUy. Baylory sounded like a girls name so it stopped. Kansasy was changed to "Kan-sazzy" and Mizzou is still "the other Kansas" team (KSU doesn't count...well...sort of. Poopy is what I've seen used). Coloradoy is when a piss-filled balloon is thrown, hits a person and they smell like piss. Most times you hear people say "You smell Coloradoy...get away from me dude".

Been chatting recently with a Boise fan on another board. I understand we offered BSU 850k, which was our largest payout at the time.

They countered with 1.2 mil according to the Boise fellow. He cited a need to be fiscally responsible, for Boise.

He did not seem to think Nebraska should be fiscally responsible, in the name of "fairness".

I do think our OOC will improve, as will most, with the playoff coming, but some of these schools are going to lose out. Schools like Boise and Arkansas State can make a HUGE percentage of their athletic budget by doing these games. It will hurt them to see these end. Also, their players get to see the field at some of the blue-bloods of CFB. This may not seem like a factor, but I have read past interviews with some of these opposing players. Most of them seem thrilled to come to Lincoln, even if the odds are slim, just to be in the atmosphere.

I don't much care for the patsies on the schedule, but it helped everyone all around.

We never wanted to play Boise, but this would've been a good year to take a shot.

I believe we were the ones trying to set it up...Boise didn't want to play us.

I've heard the same thing.............

I thought it was something along the lines they wanted us to pay them and we had to travel to spud land to play on the smurf turf without them having to travel to Lincoln?

We never wanted to play Boise, but this would've been a good year to take a shot.

I believe we were the ones trying to set it up...Boise didn't want to play us.

I've heard the same thing.............

I thought it was something along the lines they wanted us to pay them and we had to travel to spud land to play on the smurf turf without them having to travel to Lincoln?

You can't seriously believe this, can you?