Frank Solich

Huskred

Happy for Frank, and it's great that Ohio is having such success lately. But his apathy towards recruiting sunk us into that hole in the first place. The journey out of it has been long and painful. For all of Callahan's ultimate failings as a coach, thank goodness he put us back on the recruiting map and showed that Nebraska can be a major recruiting power if we pull out all the stops.

And thank goodness that our recent direction with recruiting is going to have us take off in that regard under Bo.

Sorry...I am not buying that last statement. Our recruiting has went down every year since Bo has been here. Not too mention the players that he did recruit either didn't pan out or worse yet...quit the team entirely.

I don't think it has. It's been down in the dumps before. But it's gone up. His first cycle was trouble, of course, but his hire was announced that Novemeber. The 2009 and 2010 classes were somewhat troubling. 2011 was a step in the right direction, I think. But this recruiting cycle, we've really stepped it up. I think it's a big credit to our new Recruiting Coordinator.

Better coach. Bo or Frank?

Now or when Frank was an NU? There is a big difference. I think Frank is a better coach now than he was when he took over here. When here was here he was trying to be TO, not be his own man. And that never ends well. I think the time he had between jobs made him reevaluate how to be the top guy, and change the how and when he recruited.

Happy for Frank, and it's great that Ohio is having such success lately. But his apathy towards recruiting sunk us into that hole in the first place. The journey out of it has been long and painful. For all of Callahan's ultimate failings as a coach, thank goodness he put us back on the recruiting map and showed that Nebraska can be a major recruiting power if we pull out all the stops.

And thank goodness that our recent direction with recruiting is going to have us take off in that regard under Bo.

What were cally's recruiting numbers when he was here?