Do we have three games left that will be tougher than UCLA?

NUance

Yes FLU, you are a debbie downer. College football is way more unpredictable than the NFL and their motto is any given Sunday... To think this team, our team, can't buckle down, pull some heads out of our arses, and get some w's, at all? Then you just aren't a fan. And don't go telling me you are because you have a signed jersey, when in reality, I'll be there gameday with all my fellow 'Skers, win/lose or draw, cheering for my huskers not berating them or saying we're sliding into mediocrity, because I am a true fan. Not some pessimistic DUDE who seems to get his kicks from putting down his "team" and backing it up with "It's only cause I expect better" nonsense.

Well you know what FLU? I expect better from you.

Living in Hurricane Country has taught me one thing -- prepare for the worst, hope for the best. When you start out expecting the worst, anything good that happens turns out to be a pleasant surprise.

I think Flu sees things as they are, actual real time, with past performance verified. He sees things as they most likely will go. No less a fan than anyone else, just stating his thoughts.

Others do not want to see what is in front of them, refuse to as they are fans. Neither are wrong and neither are right, only time will tell who is and we have not passed that point yet.

I felt this was going to be a bad year from the beginning. Saw some of the things that worried me in the Southern Miss game, but thought things might get better with a higher level opponent. Not so much.

I am trying very hard to believe that Bo has improved his recruiting and that we will see a upswing in defensive production. I am just not sure that it will happen this year. He has improved the offensive talent I think, so it would seem with time he can get the defense back where he once had it. But there is a talent level problem, and very little experience. That is what hurts us so badly, we have players that have not truly seen the field and a staff that is learning along with them.

I still think this is going to be a bad year in Nebraska standards, but listening to some talk about the new talent on the D side, I am hopeful we will see the improvement we all want next year. Not giving up on this year by any means, but will take it for what it is, learning.

You sir, are a genius, and get my vote as "Poster of the Year." FINALLY someone who understands my perspective and actually gets it, without looking through scarlet-colored lenses.

I think Flu sees things as they are, actual real time, with past performance verified. He sees things as they most likely will go. No less a fan than anyone else, just stating his thoughts.

Others do not want to see what is in front of them, refuse to as they are fans. Neither are wrong and neither are right, only time will tell who is and we have not passed that point yet.

I felt this was going to be a bad year from the beginning. Saw some of the things that worried me in the Southern Miss game, but thought things might get better with a higher level opponent. Not so much.

I am trying very hard to believe that Bo has improved his recruiting and that we will see a upswing in defensive production. I am just not sure that it will happen this year. He has improved the offensive talent I think, so it would seem with time he can get the defense back where he once had it. But there is a talent level problem, and very little experience. That is what hurts us so badly, we have players that have not truly seen the field and a staff that is learning along with them.

I still think this is going to be a bad year in Nebraska standards, but listening to some talk about the new talent on the D side, I am hopeful we will see the improvement we all want next year. Not giving up on this year by any means, but will take it for what it is, learning.

I don't have a problem with WHAT FLU says. I know he bleeds RED! As always and as I've submitted to him before ... it's "HOW" he says it and then ... it always comes back to HIM ... rather then the Huskers. It's like his posts pit himself against everyone else. In it all ... it seems like HE has to be RIGHT ... atleast that is how it comes across to me. In the end ... I'm here as a fan ... sharing what I see and think ... if I'm wrong ... fine ... but you won't hear me braggin' about anything when I'm CORRECT and you when I'm wrong I'll say so and be GLAD. Personally, I'm not here to be RIGHT ... this board adds to my fan experience. I doubt I add a whole lot of "insight" into the depths of X's and O's or recruiting insight. Finally, I'm not even saying that the above is FLU's intention ... it's just how he comes across ... to me ... and my perception is that others have the same feeling ... thus the RUB.

I don't care to be the "Poster of the Year" because I say something FLU likes ... but I post this publicly in hopes the he atleast knows why he rubs some the wrong way at times. I like what skersfan said and agree with him. Just adding my two cents.

Sadly Mark, I have been FORCED into playing the role of me vs. everyone else, simply because anytime I say something critical of the team, I get chastised. I just don't understand why people can't accept criticism. When I said I predicted 8 wins or less this season, I was called crazy, retarded, etc. Why? That's my perspective and viewpoint, and a win total that I think is realistic. If you don't agree, fine, but at least respect my opinion as I respect yours. That's all I ask for, but apparently, for some, that's too much to ask; thus I always find myself on the defensive.
  • Fire 1

Sadly Mark, I have been FORCED into playing the role of me vs. everyone else, simply because anytime I say something critical of the team, I get chastised. I just don't understand why people can't accept criticism. When I said I predicted 8 wins or less this season, I was called crazy, retarded, etc. Why? That's my perspective and viewpoint, and a win total that I think is realistic. If you don't agree, fine, but at least respect my opinion as I respect yours. That's all I ask for, but apparently, for some, that's too much to ask; thus I always find myself on the defensive.

FLU, I understand. And say, I have the Huskers with 8 wins this season ... and I had us winning the UCLA game 60-14. :-) I had us by a couple of TD's before the season and with all that was on the line and the recruiting needs I thought we would show up. Didn't happen. Before the season I had us losing to ASU ... and today my prediction is ASU 41 - Huskers 31. I think we can pull it out today but I don't have us winning in my prediction.

For myself ... I've found myself "misunderstood" in so many ways ... I'm a recoving former "Pastor" here ... so, I only say what said cause I can relate to the tension you feel on this board from my experiences in life ... both past and present. Sports, faith ... politics ... I believe my view is CORRECT on a lot of things ... but I certainly don't feel much love ... although I try to give love and respect to those who cast their stones. Good luck my friend ... I am your friend here and will strive to be considerate ... because you deserve that and I know you bleed RED. :-)

Back to football before someone starts to mock me ... :-)

mock me

Exactly. Instead of being one unified front as I feel we should be (despite differences in opinion), I feel like I'm back in junior high/high school. Certain posters try to exert their authority or dominance over others, and a bunch of other followers without an original thought in their head pile on. Sad.

Yes FLU, you are a debbie downer. College football is way more unpredictable than the NFL and their motto is any given Sunday... To think this team, our team, can't buckle down, pull some heads out of our arses, and get some w's, at all? Then you just aren't a fan. And don't go telling me you are because you have a signed jersey, when in reality, I'll be there gameday with all my fellow 'Skers, win/lose or draw, cheering for my huskers not berating them or saying we're sliding into mediocrity, because I am a true fan. Not some pessimistic DUDE who seems to get his kicks from putting down his "team" and backing it up with "It's only cause I expect better" nonsense.

Well you know what FLU? I expect better from you.

Living in Hurricane Country has taught me one thing -- prepare for the worst, hope for the best. When you start out expecting the worst, anything good that happens turns out to be a pleasant surprise.

Fair enough. And I hope you don't think I hate you or dislike you greatly. I'm no sunshine pumper by any means. I find myself to be a realist with a hint of extra optimism for my 'Skers. And I just don't see how you don't see any better than 8 wins AT ALL. You and I are both aware that there are 60 minutes of football played and that these college kids are about as unpredictable as it gets. To say we can't outdo our oppenents more often than not (more than 8 wins) as not even a possibility is the only thing you really say that irks me in the slightest.

I have the highest set of standards for our team and I want our guys to aim for the highest bar. And yeah it hurts when we don't get everything we set out to achieve, but I get to say I believed the whole time when it actually happened. GBR

PS it's off topic but today was my first game I've been to, and although sad to see Bo not there the whole time, still one of the best experiences of my poor 20 year old life! :power

mock me

Exactly. Instead of being one unified front as I feel we should be (despite differences in opinion), I feel like I'm back in junior high/high school. Certain posters try to exert their authority or dominance over others, and a bunch of other followers without an original thought in their head pile on. Sad.

Exactly, that's how I feel about some of your posts and when people question your posts, you throw a temper tantrum.

And saying this about some posters

and a bunch of other followers without an original thought in their head pile on. Sad.
is quit pathetic. eyeswear2allthatsholy

mock me

Would you take your ball and go home already....

You are not the only person that thinks the Huskers will lose more than 1-2 games this year. If you want original thoughts, give us "junior high" posters a different topic to expand upon rather than this whiny nonsense.

who knows.... its WAY too early to tell for this team and the ones we play. I will say that I think UCLA is more complete that any of the teams on the schedule...osu, msu MU all have things that are very scary about them, but they all have glaring weaknesses to. and I think this team (like most teams) should get better as the year rolls on. how much is dependent on coaching but more so injuries. as much as people dont want to say it(or be labeled a whiner) not having Rex was huge. yes AA played well that game, but he also fumbled on the 25 and he still hasnt got the trust the rex does. and quite simply he isnt rex, and he may never be. but i dont think beck throws out the running game completely if 22 is in the backfield. he is too dangerous...esp in the 4th quarter. i also think that mo and zaire will be 2 of our better defenders by the end of the year and they were nonfactors here.

but who knows.... we have only played 3 games