Statement issued by Bo Pelini this afternoon

Nobody

they dont check your pulse like that for just the Flu. I dont care what the "official" word is (which we all know is usually BS)

My guess is just hypertension from stress. Much like Urban had a few years back. Its scary because it can mimic a heart attack.

They don't???????

I guess I need a new doctor.

Anytime you have an illness or the flu, your heart rate rises.

He had the flu....

The hospital trip was a precaution.

This is ridiculous.

They had to have at least thought at some point that it was more serious. Otherwise they don't take him out of there. True story -- one day I called into work with chest pains. You don't mess around with those. I was really worried. So I went into the doctor and they did an EKG and other tests. Turns out I had sore chest muscles. Never been so happy in my life to have sore chest muscles. So I call work back and explain what happened and say I can come in. Maybe it was something like that. Or maybe he was close to a heart attack, but didn't actually have one.

I do wish they would just release the info and let all the fans know for sure, but if they don't there's nothing we can really do.

I seriously doubt that he left the game at half time over flu like symptoms. How many guys have we had over the years that suit up and play through "flu like symptoms"? Hell, how many of you have left your jobs via ambulance because you were feeling a bit under the weather?

There is almost certainly something else to this. Question is, will we ever find out what it is?

seems like there might be something we don't know about... watch the vid with beck and pap

http://sports.omaha....ess-conference/

Wow, if you watch the video, it's sounds bad. Best wishes to Bo and his family. If there is any question about his health, he should take off as much time as he likes. I don't care what it does to our record, something's are more important then Husker football -- and trust me, I don't say that lightly.

It might just be that they don't know what the hell is going on with Bo at that point, and they're just worried about their friend.

Hope it's nothing too serious.

I seriously doubt that he left the game at half time over flu like symptoms. How many guys have we had over the years that suit up and play through "flu like symptoms"? Hell, how many of you have left your jobs via ambulance because you were feeling a bit under the weather?

There is almost certainly something else to this. Question is, will we ever find out what it is?

While I have never been taken by ambulance from work. I did one time have somebody drive me from work to the hospital for what I thought was the flu. Turns out I had food poisoning.

Besides I doubt Bo was gonna drive himself, with an ambulance already on stadium grounds.

This scenario actually happens more than most people think...

You get the flu and start feeling a little under the weather, but don't think much of it. You've got sh#t to do. You pop a few pills and go on. This lasts for a couple days. What you don't notice with your busy schedule is that you're drinking less water, eating less food, etc.

All of a sudden, the flu hits you like a truck. Now you've got a full blown nasty case of the flu, and you're dehydrated. A bad combination. This can do all sorts of weird things to your body, including symptoms that can pose as a more "serious" threat.

Stuff like that happens a lot, and often ends in a visit to the hospital just to make sure you're not getting hit with something else. People usually regard the flu as nothing serious, and often that is the case for healthy individuals. But even if you're healthy and in good shape, if you get a bad strain (like the one that has been going around Lincoln lately), it will put you on your ass like nobody's business. And if you're dehydrated, over worked, etc on top of that - it can be a real issue.

Is that what happened? Who knows. But it's entirely possible at this point.

• Fire 1