Statement issued by Bo Pelini this afternoon

Nobody

I seriously doubt that he left the game at half time over flu like symptoms. How many guys have we had over the years that suit up and play through "flu like symptoms"? Hell, how many of you have left your jobs via ambulance because you were feeling a bit under the weather?

There is almost certainly something else to this. Question is, will we ever find out what it is?

While I have never been taken by ambulance from work. I did one time have somebody drive me from work to the hospital for what I thought was the flu. Turns out I had food poisoning.

Besides I doubt Bo was gonna drive himself, with an ambulance already on stadium grounds.

Haha, imagine you're driving listening to the game (before they announce Bo didn't come out for the 3rd quarter) and you glance over to see Bo driving in the lane next to you. You might drive yourself to the mental hospital.

Is it really outside the realm of possibility that this was the exhibition of symptomology related to stress? How many of these driven and intense individuals in this business have we heard about over the years who have succomb to the toll that this job exacts from them?

I am not saying that this instance is the case of health issues showing themselves as a result of burnout, BUT it is my sincere hope that IF it is, this will be a wake up call that Bo truly needs to transition from being a leader at the tip of the spear to a leader who manages the entire structure through the delegation of responsibilities to individuals who can competently execute the duties assigned to them.

I will say that I am glad Bo is the head coach, and I am glad to hear he is okay and good to go moving forward.

Heart attacks in healthy people are caused normally by dehydration, arteries shrink and the plaque pops off. Flu does dehydrate you, so he may have had an episode, who knows, but I do not think it just the flu either as there would not need to be life changes.

But if he is back to work tomorrow, he is fine.

So, Bo had the flu, a heart attack, atrial fibrillation, or hypertension from stress, and he's going to be fine, needs a few days of rest, or needs a lifestyle change. Seems like we have a lot of doctors on this board who are pretty certain they know what's going on, all from seeing someone take Bo's pulse, a sideline interview, and the reaction of two friends in the aftermath of a game where they had to suddenly step up and take control of the team, not to mention see their buddy go to the hospital for some reason I doubt they knew. I'm not talking about the "it could have been what I had" posts, it's the ones who "know" what it is or isn't.

Heart attacks in healthy people are caused normally by dehydration, arteries shrink and the plaque pops off. Flu does dehydrate you, so he may have had an episode, who knows, but I do not think it just the flu either as there would not need to be life changes.

My cousin's brother cleans out Bo's mink cages and also digs the holes in his yard where he buries his gold. He said it was an exotic strain of the hanta virus that stays with you for life, so a few life changes will be required.

It's on a fan forum, so it must be true.

My cousin's brother cleans out Bo's mink cages and also digs the holes in his yard where he buries his gold. He said it was an exotic strain of the hanta virus that stays with you for life, so a few life changes will be required.

It's on a fan forum, so it must be true.

wouldn't that be your cousin?

Is it really outside the realm of possibility that this was the exhibition of symptomology related to stress? How many of these driven and intense individuals in this business have we heard about over the years who have succomb to the toll that this job exacts from them?

I am not saying that this instance is the case of health issues showing themselves as a result of burnout, BUT it is my sincere hope that IF it is, this will be a wake up call that Bo truly needs to transition from being a leader at the tip of the spear to a leader who manages the entire structure through the delegation of responsibilities to individuals who can competently execute the duties assigned to them.

I will say that I am glad Bo is the head coach, and I am glad to hear he is okay and good to go moving forward.

Bo was ripping into the the refs within the first few plays from scrimmage. You could hear his profanity in the background of the tv broadcast. I thought "Wow, is this the game that he actually strokes out?."

Bo was ripping into the the refs within the first few plays from scrimmage. You could hear his profanity in the background of the tv broadcast. I thought "Wow, is this the game that he actually strokes out?."

Yea, i heard him yell out "Come here, god damnit!" He was pissed because the refs weren't sitting on the ball long enough for the defense to get their subs in so he had to burn a timeout.

Bo on everything we as fans want information/explanation on:

"everything's fine. we'll be okay."

tells that to a reporter at halftime, doesn't return.

i'm really not going to believe Bo when he says "we'll be okay, gotta fix a thing or two" ever again.

i gotta see Bo make it through this year actually coaching the way we know he coaches.

I gotta see real changes on defense before I believe we only need to fix the tackling .

I gotta see players make plays he says they are working on making.

I believe IN Bo and what he's doing here. pretty much have about 99.2% of the time. I just don't believe him on face value anymore.

Yea, i heard him yell out "Come here, god damnit!" He was pissed because the refs weren't sitting on the ball long enough for the defense to get their subs in so he had to burn a timeout.

Yes, it is a rule that when the offense changes any personnel whatsoever, that the defense has to be given the opportunity to do the same. Obviously the coaches had been preparing for this up-tempo offense and after the first play of the game, Ark st. changed up some receivers and proceeded to get lined up right away and ready to snap the ball when we were still changing. Bo got pissed right away and basically told the officials "youre not gonna start this sh#t already". Then after that it was Gus throwin a fit "I coached Cam Newton, I can do what I want".

It's serious, but not that serious. Simple lifestyle changes will be good enough.

Just thank whatever it is you thank that our coach is ok and is home with his family.

This will be a mute point. He's literally back to work tomorrow. He's dedicated, and we're horrible at showing him our appreciation.

Mute? Do you mean moot?