*** HB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

Weighed in at 205.5 lbs this AM. I'd like to get down below 200 by 7/7. Not sure that's possible though. But I might get close. :lol:

Eat some bees.

There are plenty of other things that give me a better buzz. :lol:

I'm glad you quoted that, because somehow I missed the link provided. Retard strong.

Ok, so my only question left is, what are you planning to do with it?

For home use. Mostly for looking at things with my kid. Amoeba, paramecium, fly wings, dirty water, cheese, and any little creatures we can find throughout the house and around the yard. I have an old microscope already. It's a single lens though. (Can't recall the magnification--but it's decent strength.) I think this binocular AmScope would be an improvement. Basically I'm just going to use it to play around with. :lol:

I'm thinking about buying this microscope. Any HB scientists out there know about microscopes? LINK

i am no scientist, but i am pretty sure they make small things [things that are 'microscopic' (technical term)] appear bigger and easier to view.

Yeah, that's pretty much the extent of my knowledge of microscopes too. :lol:

Ok, it should be more than fine for that. :) My friend said he hasn't actually gotten his hands on this scope, but knows they're becoming more and more popular with people using them as you intend. You won't get 2500x out of it, as the 25x oculars would be more or less useless with the 100x objective. That's not a big deal, though, it'll give you more than enough magnification for what you want. Also, the 100x is an oil objective, which means you'll need to find the right thickness of coverslip for proper use once you're through the provided ones (if it has any provided). But there are plenty of places to get good quality, cheap coverslips.

So yeah, it should work fine. Again, remember neither of us have actually used this scope, but I'm pretty sure it'll do everything you want it to, and a lot more.