Report in the OWH today that 'Chin' might be taking a lead assistant role at Bradley. Have to see. Would hate to lose him, but I also understand why Miles organized his staff the way he did. Miles gave him his chance, I can understand potentially wanting better opportunities. Link here:

http://www.omaha.com/article/20120920/BIGRED/709219995/1001#husker-assistant-may-be-headed-to-bradley

This is the third position that he has shown interest / interviewed for in the short time that he has been with NU, all for assistant coach positions. He obviously wants to coach and feels like an assistant coach is a better stepping stone to do that. This isn't about job titles or money, so if he gets offered, he'll take it. The personel setup did work better for Miles, but he also knew Chin wanted to coach. I'm sure he knew this was going to be a problem.

Maybe he doesnt want to just be a recruiter and actually WANTS TO COACH!

My assumption is his role here is to recruit and get the talent in the door.... My assumption is he wants to actually teach/coach kids during a game.

Miles is in support of Chin and so am I!

GBR

I think you've nailed it.........

• 1 month later...

Coaches want to coach, not just recruit, a lot of the good recruiters are AAU guys who can get players to join teams and they all consider themselves good coaches an want the chance to prove that. Head of basketball operations doesn't let you prove that. So even though it's less money it's a chance to actually coach.