Who Would We Play in a Bowl?

Right now TCU would concern me..... I am really hoping for Georgia Tech or Clemson in the Champs Bowl....

We would get to the Florida recruits, it would be a winnable game, nationally televised, and a good "reward" for the players..... Remember, these hot-shot freshmen didn't sign on to spend the Holidays in Shereveport or Houston..... they want Florida !!!!!

The negative of FSU is the fact that if you get hammered...... just gives recruits one more reason to choose schools like FSU over NU , along with the weather, scenary, etc.....

I can see how FSU would be a good matchup in it would show us what our football team is really capable of...........however I have a feeling that they would beat us and it would hurt our recruiting. So I'm hoping for someone like Boston College or something like that because I think it would be a much closer game. :horns2

Hey guys just wanted to say again how great I think this board is. I was looking at some possible bowl games and was wondering if it would be possible for NU to face South Carolina in the Independence bowl in Shreveport. I know that they would have no problem selling out the game and I think it might make a good storyline to have a Callahan-Spurrier matchup given the recent lack of success that each of them had in the NFL. Any possibility of this???

P.S. What a performance by the O-line today, they really stepped up.

Griff D O double G

I honestly do not see NU going to the INdependence Bowl.

Nebraska hasn't traveled well to Shereveport, and they likely will not again.

NU shouldn't want to go to the Independence....... we need to play in Florida (Champs), Texas (Houston or Alamo), or California (Holiday) for recruiting purposes.

I know that the Alamo and HOliday are long shots, but can NU turn down the higher rated Independence and choose to accept a lower level bowl such as the Champs?

The players and fans would rather be in Orlando, instead of Shereveport :blink: