Are We The Best Team In The B1G? Rank Em!

epocSoN

Why is everyone putting Michigan State so low? Nobody but Ohio State has shown more against legitimate competition than they have.

Legitimate competition?

You mean beating Boise by 4, the same Bosie who got lucky to beat BYU at home by a point? Getting blown out against Notre Dame?

That said, I just saw the people who have them at like #7 and #8.. that's laughable, I would put MSU at #5 or so.

On any given Saturday I think any of those top four teams could beat any other. There's a lot of parity in the B1G this year. Parity of mediocrity. lol

Ouch. But it's true, the Big 10 is just awful.

Michigan might become a good team by season's end but right now they're clearly reeling from losing all those seniors along the O and D lines from last season. And as Michigan State, Alabama, and Notre Dame have all proven when you pressure and blitz Dennard Robinson you can force him into mistakes, sloppy play, and get a win. So obviously when Nebraska plays Michigan, Bo won't watch those games and devise a similar game plan. Instead we'll probably lay back in coverage, play a soft zone, and let Robinson have a career passing and rushing day. Because why would Bo blitz and pressure a QB like Dennard Robinson when it clearly doesn't work.

:rickjames

Ohio State is ineligible to be ranked or play in the CTG or bowl so it really doesn't matter how good they are. That being said, I honestly don't think we're winning in Columbus this year. Sure hope I'm wrong though.

Wisconsin lost multiple OL, their one year wonder QB, and practically their entire coaching staff to other schools so it's no wonder they're struggling.

Iowa. Losing at home to Central Michigan should never happen to any BCS AQ conference school.

Penn State and the rest of the sad sack Big 10 are just one stinky pile of below average.

what have you seen out of ohio state to think they are a good team? certainly not struggling with mac and lower quality teams! they are getting your vote because of their name and their name only. period.

what have you seen out of ohio state to think they are a good team? certainly not struggling with mac and lower quality teams! they are getting your vote because of their name and their name only. period.

How about they have a mobile QB who was torching us last year until he got hurt midway through the 3rd Q?

Or that the game is in Columbus?

Or how about that defensively OSU has the personnel to cause real problems for our offense?

How about they have a mobile QB who was torching us last year until he got hurt midway through the 3rd Q?

Or how about that defensively OSU has the personnel to cause real problems for our offense?

The rushing yards they have given up the last three Weeks is alarming considering who those teams were. And that right there makes your last point kind of null. They should be a lot better against the run with the two beats they have on the interior of their line. Their linebacker play has been pretty crap as well

I think this early it is pretty much impossible to rank.

At first glance, Ohio State & Northwestern are the top two, but... Neither has a quality win yet --- they just have not yet been exposed. So... how good are they really?

Michigan and Michigan State and Nebraska --- each has been exposed already. Each are OK and can play well at times against weaker competition. Michigan State has a quality win against Boise State --- but was exposed later. The Huskers do not have a quality win and were exposed against UCLA --- a team that is itself not a top tier team. . Michigan has played two teams... Notre Dame and Alabama --- that would have as well exposed MSU or NU... so, yes Michigan has looked bad --- but they have played teams at a higher level than us.

I'd say the bottom line is that the top 5 teams in the conference are not likely to be overly competitive against the nations best. It is a really, really weak conference.

Where do the Huskers line up in the weak conference... somewhere between #1 and #5. Time will tell.

The only valid point for this years team is that its in columbus.

Riddle me this, would we have struggled like they did against the crap team they played yesterday?

umm...because against that competition they look like crap?

What legitimate competition have either one of them shown anything against?

Legitimate competition?

You mean beating Boise by 4, the same Bosie who got lucky to beat BYU at home by a point? Getting blown out against Notre Dame?

That said, I just saw the people who have them at like #7 and #8.. that's laughable, I would put MSU at #5 or so.

I would guess because of the paucity of offense. I can't believe they are rated nationally above us.

Why shouldn't they be ranked above us? What have we shown to deserve a better ranking?

The legitimacy of their competition is relative to the rest of the teams in the conference. Northwestern has played three bottom-barrel BCS teams and one FCS school, Ohio State's best competition was Cal, Michigan played Alabama and Notre Dame, both seemingly damn good teams, but got destroyed in one and looked awful in the other, we've played a UCLA team who's capabilities are yet-to-be-determined, while MSU has one win over a ranked team, one loss against a ranked team (Notre Dame) and looked just fine against lesser competition in their other two games.

So, who in the B1G has shown themselves to be more capable against decent competition?

The best team in the B1G is the one that plays the least sh*ttiest on any given week. And yes I lump Nebraska in there when all they've done is in week one beat a team that just got smoked by Western Kentucky and in week three beat an Idaho high school team..