Are We The Best Team In The B1G? Rank Em!

epocSoN

1) Nebraska- offense is clicking

2) Michigan- You must be pretty good when you turn it over 6 times and only lose by a little

3) NW- Scary and weird team to play

4) Purdue- Basing it off the Notre dame lose

5) tOSU- UNDEFEATED And i still cannot put a finger on them.

6) MSU- Will they ever wake up on Offense

7) Wisconsin- They might of found a QB! Key word MIGHT!

8) Minnesota- 4-0 ENOUGH SAID.

9-12) Throw a dart at them and rank em. Horrific. Freddy and Jason have nothing on these teams!

1- Nebraska

2- Ohio St.

3 - Michigan

4- Purdue

5- Michigan St.

6 - Northwestern

7 - Minnesota

8 - Wisconsin

9 - Illinois

10- Penn St.

11- Iowa

12- Indiana

Wisconsin has gone from first to last in offense. Terrible team right now. Illinois might actually be a better team, but after last night, that's a tough argument to make.

Before the season I predicted Purdue would play for the East in the Big Ten championship game. It still looks that way to me. Minnesota finally seems to have found a defense and a decent coach. I'd have Ohio State in first except that they haven't played a game on the road yet.

:lol: Man...rough year for the conference.

1) OSU (Best of the bad. Not among the national elite, but they look like the strongest team in a weak year for the B1G. Still early though. Maybe Urban will "miss his kids/get Lupus or whatev" and quit on them.)

2T) NU

2T) Northwestern

2T) Michigan (Yes, I know a three way tie at #2 is weak. I think it's fair though. Really, maybe we should be tied at three with Michigan, but I'm not putting Northwestern ahead of us. Just can't do it.)

5) Umm....Mich...igan...State? (Good D, '09 Nebraska bad on offense. And that's really, really bad. They'd be lower but...they're better than the mediocre teams below them.)

6) Purdue

7) Wisconsin

The Ocho) Average Joe's Gym*

9) Illinois

10) Penn State

11) Minnesaota

12) Indiana

*Do not substitute a team you think is missing in this spot. That team is ranked 80th, which is the jersey number of the kid who moved away from the onside kick. If I was a fan of theirs I might have had a fatal heart attack over that play.

I'm getting really sick of the Big 10 crapping the bed whenever we get a chance to earn some respect on a national stage. Both Michigan and Michigan State looked bad against ND... Offense was nowhere to be found. You've got to think we'd have dropped more points on ND. I'd certainly like to believe we wouldn't have had 6 turnovers.

Wisconsin's OOC has been a trainwreck. They've looked mediocre every game so far. Now, we looked plenty bad against UCLA ourselves, but at least we handled business against the other 3 teams we've played.

Ohio State seems to show flashes of dominance, but they're just SOOOO inconsistent. That and they've screwed me on two different bets two consecutive weeks :lol:

I'd hesitantly slot it as follows (at the top anyways): NU, OSU, Michigan, MSU. Purdue's a wildcard and honestly haven't watched them play at all yet, which I can't say for any of the other four. Starting to believe a little bit in their hype... but we'll have to wait and see if they fall apart in their conference schedule.

So excited that the Big 10 portion of the year is here! GBR!!

On any given Saturday I think any of those top four teams could beat any other. There's a lot of parity in the B1G this year. Parity of mediocrity. lol

Ouch. But it's true, the Big 10 is just awful.

Michigan might become a good team by season's end but right now they're clearly reeling from losing all those seniors along the O and D lines from last season. And as Michigan State, Alabama, and Notre Dame have all proven when you pressure and blitz Dennard Robinson you can force him into mistakes, sloppy play, and get a win. So obviously when Nebraska plays Michigan, Bo won't watch those games and devise a similar game plan. Instead we'll probably lay back in coverage, play a soft zone, and let Robinson have a career passing and rushing day. Because why would Bo blitz and pressure a QB like Dennard Robinson when it clearly doesn't work.

:rickjames

Ohio State is ineligible to be ranked or play in the CTG or bowl so it really doesn't matter how good they are. That being said, I honestly don't think we're winning in Columbus this year. Sure hope I'm wrong though.

Wisconsin lost multiple OL, their one year wonder QB, and practically their entire coaching staff to other schools so it's no wonder they're struggling.

Iowa. Losing at home to Central Michigan should never happen to any BCS AQ conference school.

Penn State and the rest of the sad sack Big 10 are just one stinky pile of below average.

I don't understand why folks are placing Ohio St. above us?

Offensively they can be as potent as our offense, but they are inconsistent. Defensively, i would take Ohio St. only because we have had some trouble in the first two weeks of the season.

If we shut down Wisconsin defensively, and our offense does what it has been doing since Week 1. We should definitely be the best team in the Big Ten.

2011-04-23_Braxton_Miller_1.jpg

As a passing QB, i would take Taylor Martinez over Braxton Miller. Miller is not a polished passer, yet.

As a runner, i would definitely take Miller over Martinez. He has a better ability to scramble around and make plays with his feet.

Now, Martinez really doesn't need to be much of a running QB this year, we have a very deep and healthy stable of RBs to take that load off Martinez, The same can't be said about Ohio St. They have to rely on Braxton's legs to help them win games. Which makes their offense a little one-dimensional.

If I had to rank them just for today I would have:

1. Nebraska (tOSU didn't look all that impressive on Saturday but we did even if the team we played against was so bad.)

2. tosu

3. Northwestern (They ARE scary. But, we'll see. We have that revenge factor in our back pockets and I think our boys are going to be out to prove something.)

4. Michigan

5. Purdue (They are playing pretty good ball. We'll see)

6. Penn State (They look better every week and I feel badly for those boys. They have been given a buttload of crap dumped on them for what reason? I hope they play well for the rest of the year and begin to slowly build back their team.)

7. Wisconsin (I ranked Wiscy low just because Ball is out and we don't know for how long. Also, they played pretty crappy ball on Saturday)

8. Michigan State (I almost put Minnesota before them only because they got so much love at the beginning of the season-remember all that media love they got? Phhht!)

9. Minnesota

10. Illinois

11. Iowa

12. Indiana

While I think we have a valid chance at winning our division and even going on to the Rose Bowl, I'll reserve my opinion until after we've played in our conference. Even though we beat the crap out of Idaho State (and yeah it felt great putting those kind of numbers on the board even if it was against an FCS school!) we still made some mistakes that we need to clean up. Taylor was off his game a little yesterday and while it was great seeing Rex play, even he said he wasn't 100%. However, I loved it that all those 2nd and 3rd string boys got to get out on the field. So, we have the potential-we just need to keep addressing ONE GAME AT A TIME. Not dismissing anyone. I think the boys have that mentality this year. GO BIG RED!

I don't understand why folks are placing Ohio St. above us?

Offensively they can be as potent as our offense, but they are inconsistent. Defensively, i would take Ohio St. only because we have had some trouble in the first two weeks of the season.

If we shut down Wisconsin defensively, and our offense does what it has been doing since Week 1. We should definitely be the best team in the Big Ten.

2011-04-23_Braxton_Miller_1.jpg

As a passing QB, i would take Taylor Martinez over Braxton Miller. Miller is not a polished passer, yet.

As a runner, i would definitely take Miller over Martinez. He has a better ability to scramble around and make plays with his feet.

Now, Martinez really doesn't need to be much of a running QB this year, we have a very deep and healthy stable of RBs to take that load off Martinez, The same can't be said about Ohio St. They have to rely on Braxton's legs to help them win games. Which makes their offense a little one-dimensional.

I guess my point here is not a stright up comparison of Miller v. Martinez...the problem is, we have yet to prove we can stop a truly talented mobile QB. He doesn't have to be able to pass at all. Hell, Robinson is aweful and he tore us up last year. Miller was tearing us up too until he went out with injury. I hope we can stop him; I just haven't seen anything yet that has changed my mind.

This year, we have played teams that are inferior to ours and at times we have still not been real good at stoping a QB that can make plays with his feat. That's why, imho, OSU should be above us.