Mark Dantonio vs. Bo

tmfr15

I get a kick out of Husker fans that live in the bubble. They think Pelini is the only guy getting picked on. That "poster boy" for ESPN Lane Kiffin is getting crucified right now for this same thing. How about that guy that wins all the time so he gets a pass - named something like Saban? He was the talk of the town a couple weeks ago when he snapped at reporters for underestimating one of their opponents and not giving them respect. I've read 2-3 articles already this morning on Dantonio.

If you'd read news outside of Nebraska you'd find that the media cares about teams other than the Huskers....both during the good and bad times.

I could care less what the media thinks about these coaches lashing out...How do the fans for these other teams react to their coach being that way? Do they ignore it or do they whine, piss and moan like some of ours do?

I'd expect they are exactly like us, with a handful pissing and moaning. (perhaps we have a larger handful, but Pelini has been ripe for the picking the last few years so that lies at his feet). Anyone that follows the team closely enough to spend time on the boards anyway.

I am just mentioning this like a coach might point out a call and ask an official for clarification, then note that he's fine with whatever, so long as it goes both ways. If Dantonio, Kiffen and Saban are under fire for similar stuff, then great. That's all that needs to be said. Still, I have not seen too many videos on youtube that are entitled Saban is crazy, or Kiffen freaks out. Every coach throws some sort of tantrum. A few don't at all, but there's a little bit of visor throwing ball coach in about every guy out there. Just sayin'.

Keep in mind, Dantonio gets a pass because he is usaully very nice and cordial to the media and fans. Bo cant say the same.....

Actually if you talk to the local media who cover him they are quick to say he's an A-hole, who's confrontational and often glares at reporters when he's asked a question he doesn't like. He's even "charged" at them and got in their faces in the past. Perhaps Nebraska reporters are just pussies who think its ok to take shots at the coaches but when they get called out by it they can't take it.

I don't understand the preoccupation with how coaches handle the media. Whether it is Bo or Dantonio, 90% of the time the media deserves a smartass angry retort. They typically ask stupid or baiting questions and personally I love it when the coaches treat them like the idiots their questions indicate.

I saw Dantonio's presser and given the circumstances and questions, he was more curt than any I have seen from Pelini. But wtf, it's anthe emotional game and if the morons asking the questions don't realize they're asking obvious or inflammatory things then I feel it's the coaches duty to put them in their place.

Why are we discussing this?

Because it's a hot topic around the country. It seems coaches all over the country are doing a lot of this. Meyer, Kiffin and Spurrier, including the mention above have all been short and snippy with the media. It's not normal and each respective university is allowing them to do this. There are two camps, one says they don't have to say anything if we don't want to, the other says, in most places, we pay your salary, you represent us, stop being a child and talk to the media for a few minutes.

• Fire 1

Could Dantonio be getting a pass because this presser was evidence he has a pulse? Sometimes I watch that dude and wonder if he cares about wins and losses. He looked unemotional while we were piss pounding his team a year ago. Bo might get emotional sometimes but we know for fact that there are not players in our locker room who think Bo doesn't care.

Were you around when TO was our coach? People said the same exact thing about him.....

Could Dantonio be getting a pass because this presser was evidence he has a pulse? Sometimes I watch that dude and wonder if he cares about wins and losses. He looked unemotional while we were piss pounding his team a year ago. Bo might get emotional sometimes but we know for fact that there are not players in our locker room who think Bo doesn't care.

Were you around when TO was our coach? People said the same exact thing about him.....

I was around when TO was here and you make a great point. I had never even gave that a thought.