Best presser that I can remember

tmfr15

Don't get the wrong idea here. I don't think what Bo said was revolutionary or anything like that, but I do think that he gave us a small peek into what it's like to lead this program.

When asked about the Wisky loss last year, expecations to a win in conference, fans thoughts that the team isn't where it needs to be and all that, plus a question about whether he thinks the fans have an entitled mentality due to the 1990s run, Bo was cool. He answered directly. He was sincere. He was believable. He made sense. It felt almost like his introductory presser, the one that left us so excited about what the future could hold.

I have that feeling again.

My take away is that an emphasis needs to be made that no one in our fan base hurts worse than Bo, his staff and his players do when we fall short on any given Saturday. We all know this already, but it can not be over stated.

This guy wants to win. And he wants to win for TO, the man who gave him a shot as HC, and our program. He wants to add to our legacy of excellence. I think he does everything in his power for this to work and I could not respect that any more. He has our players' backs. He has the backs of the coaches on his staff.

After watching that, I am left with only best wishes for the Husker football team, its palyers and its coaches. Winning the conference title would be great and I hope it happens for them very soon.

GBR

• Fire 5

I like the intent of the OP. Honestly, I do. I'm happy to hear it.

But I feel like I'm in a small minority that just really doesn't care what Bo says (or does) outside of what happens during the 60 minutes of play. That's where his cohesiveness, intentions, ambition, and production are brought into light.

It's also obvious that what he says in pressers is a great scapegoat when times are tough. I really don't understand how fans can do that.

That said though, sounds like it was a good one today.

• Fire 1

Definitely. If Bo has a great presser where he keeps his cool and handles it smoothly, he deserves his props. If nothing else it's a sign of his growth as a HC since he's taken the job, and something we should be encouraged by.

the fact that fans think this is a sign of just how poor the perception of his handling of the media is. he had a good presser after a 66 point win and people are jumping on it like he just handled a heartbreaking loss that cost us a shot at a championship with the type of class consistently shown by osborne or snyder.

I think its fine to give him props since everyone is so quick to rip him apart when he yells and refs and stuff.

Bob Devany ripped the refs and his players apart publicly on the sidelines. But he also had too rings too back it up.

It doesn't bother me when bo does it though, some kids need a good boot in the rear.