Media Bias

Here is a good article, in my conservative opinion, about the bias of the media. Now I am sure that those on the other side will call BS, but hard to not see his points. Also like the point that the GOP has completely blown this election and given it to Obama uncontested.

The comments pointed out are spot on IMO.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/09/29/mainstream-media-threatening-our-country-future/

I read Fox News and Al Jazeera.

They're like polar opposites. If they agree, then it's probably true.

Check out MEMRI.org It is actually written in English and rather insightful. Amazing what is being taught in the Madrasa's around the ME and else where. Good read to see how much they actually appreciate, respect and support the good ole US of A.

Here is a good article, in my conservative opinion, about the bias of the media. Now I am sure that those on the other side will call BS, but hard to not see his points. Also like the point that the GOP has completely blown this election and given it to Obama uncontested.

The comments pointed out are spot on IMO.

http://www.foxnews.c...country-future/

An article from Fox News on media bias? I'm sure that's a fair and balanced assessment. :lol:

Damned liberal media always attacking poor Paul Ryan by asking him to explain how the tax plan will work.

The Paul Ryan Legend Dissipates

Wallace is trying to do something that Ryan is not used to: ask him how the numbers in his plan add up. The Romney tax plan is premised on a mathematical impossibility. It promises to reduce tax rates by 20 percent and cover the lost revenue by eliminating tax deductions, exempting tax breaks for investment income. Even making a series of assumptions ranging from friendly to impossibly friendly, it can’t add up. The lost revenue from the tax rate cuts on income over $250,000 exceeds the available revenue from eliminating deductions. Even Republican attempts to disprove this finding have inadvertently confirmed it.

In the interview, Wallace tries to walk through the facts with Ryan. He begins by asking about the cost of the rate cuts, which is about $5 trillion over a decade. Ryan refuses to answer the question. He tries various tricks to avoid it. First he pretends Wallace is asking a different question — that he’s asking about the net cost of the entire plan, rather than the gross cost of the rate cuts. He cracks jokes about the unreliability of statistics. He filibusters by making a speech about economic growth.

Wallace asks the question seven times, and Ryan fills one minute and 48 seconds avoiding it. Finally, the final time Wallace asks Ryan to give him the math, Ryan asserts, “It would take me too long to go through all the math.” There was plenty of time if he hadn’t spent two minutes dodging the question! In any case, the math doesn’t take a long time to explain, but Ryan doesn’t want to explain it, because it would reveal unavoidable and unpopular trade-offs in the campaign’s tax plan that he’d rather conceal.

A person who thinks highly of Ryan, or who notes the sudden souring of his media coverage, might suspect that the problem lies in the fact that he is now defending Romney’s plan rather than his own. But that is not the case. Ryan’s plan is worse. His would cut tax rates lower than Romney’s (the Ryan budget would reduce the top tax rate to 25 percent, against the 28 percent Romney proposes) and rather than hold rates on investment income constant, he would eliminate all taxes on investment income. Taxes are one of the many black holes in the Ryan budget. He asked the Congressional Budget to score his plan as if it held revenue at a constant level, and the CBO basically said, “well, okay, if you say so,” but Ryan never comes close to saying how he would fill in the trillions of dollars of missing revenue that would require.

i need to find this. in a poli. sci. class i took on polls and public opinion, there was study where the more a person watched fox news, the more likely they were to believe we found wmd's. if someone rarely watched the news, regardless of network, they believe we found wmd's. however, the more people watched fox the more likely they were to believe we did; this was only with fox. with all the other networks, the less likely they were to believe we found wmd's the more they watched.

there was another study where people believed the preconceived notion regardless of the evidence provided. it had to do with welfare.

those two stuck with me. i need to find that packet, that was an interesting class.

Sorry to burst your bubble but we did find WMD's in Iraq....So nice try with the Fox news crap.

http://www.nypost.co...w7pDf7AZ3RO9qnM

http://www.wired.com...rising-results/

ok, so what? at the time of reporting, they did not know that. we had not found any at that time. they were still misleading their viewers. in fact, that was the problem, they were not reporting that we found wmd's at that time, they were leading people to believe it, even though it was dishonest. how can you not see the difference between something eventually turning out to be true and reporting something at the time that is deliberately misleading?

oh, 'sker you are so silly. We knew that Saddam had WMD's since the 80's, and he never fully proved he got rid of them or the structure to build them, which we now know he never fully did. Hell he used them on his own people. Until they were proven to be fully destroyed then Fox was not misleading anyone. If anything your the one being dishonest, because you act like Saddam never had them and if he did he destroyed them before 2003, which is completely false.

Sorry to burst your bubble but we did find WMD's in Iraq....So nice try with the Fox news crap.

Fox related ignorance is hardly limited to WMDs. :P

I do not disagree with you, but I would say its just as bad for people who watch the other "news" stations that are just as bad. Maybe we should see who still thinks 9/11 was an inside job. Every side has sheeple.