Abbrederis and Borland

Gotta say to the Badger fans.... Abbrederis is a STUD! That guy is going to give the Big 10 fits covering him this year. As far as Borland goes...That kid is AH MA ZING! Everywhere the ball was, he was flying through the line of scrimmage like a man possessed He reminded me A LOT of another former LB who played for the Big 10, LaVar Arington. Instinct and determination are two things you cannot coach. I just wanted to commend the Badger fans on the way these two players gave it their all because it really showed!

• Fire 2

I don't know why Wisconsin didn't run the play that was killing us in the first half in the second half. I'm talking about the play where there were three wide, including Abbrederis, to the right, Abbederis would go in motion behind the line and turn around before the snap and catch the ball and run for 15 yards. We have to figure out how to defend that or other teams are going to kill us with it.

I don't know why Wisconsin didn't run the play that was killing us in the first half in the second half. I'm talking about the play where there were three wide, including Abbrederis, to the right, Abbederis would go in motion behind the line and turn around before the snap and catch the ball and run for 15 yards. We have to figure out how to defend that or other teams are going to kill us with it.

Along with a mobile QB who can pass for instance, Braxton Miller next weekend.

It seemed like Whisky went away from a lot of things in the second half. I think part of it was our front seven was getting more pressure. Possibly some immaturity from their Qb. I would take those two players you mentioned in a heartbeat. Every team needs a couple of balls to the wall players.

More likely the offensive coordinator. Matt Canada, got overly cautious. Nevertheless a good tough comeback by Nebby.

Nebby could have had a much easier game of it if the three picks are made. Stave kept trying to give the ball away, but your guys refused to catch it.

There is a new rule in college football this year. It is now illegal to jump over the three protectors on a punt in an attempt to block the kick. Borland did that in a game. Call it the Borland rule.

Nebraska changed up their coverage at half and took him away. This is according to Abbederis himself.

It seemed like Whisky went away from a lot of things in the second half. I think part of it was our front seven was getting more pressure. Possibly some immaturity from their Qb. I would take those two players you mentioned in a heartbeat. Every team needs a couple of balls to the wall players.

More likely the offensive coordinator. Matt Canada, got overly cautious. Nevertheless a good tough comeback by Nebby.

Nebby could have had a much easier game of it if the three picks are made. Stave kept trying to give the ball away, but your guys refused to catch it.

There is a new rule in college football this year. It is now illegal to jump over the three protectors on a punt in an attempt to block the kick. Borland did that in a game. Call it the Borland rule.

Actually it is illegal to hurdle a standing player. It's never called though. Another thing they never call is hands to the face on stiff arms by skill players. They need to start calling it. Another one is a oline running in behind a gang tackle and pushing the pile. That's illegally helping the runner as well as blocking in in back most of the time.

Nebraska changed up their coverage at half and took him away. This is according to Abbederis himself.

Could be, but they didn't even try to run that play. It was killing us in the first half. Hard to say the Nebraska D took that play away from them when Wisconsin didn't even run it in the second half.

Could be, but they didn't even try to run that play. It was killing us in the first half. Hard to say the Nebraska D took that play away from them when Wisconsin didn't even run it in the second half.

I have no idea personally, I am just passing along what I heard. It could be that they didn't run the play because it's a play they check into and if the defense is in a certain formation, they never will check into it. Or it could be the routes are dictated on the fly by the coverages. Just a guess.

My daughter went to school (and graduated the same year as borland) he has always been a beast. The Dayton Ohio area is a great high school football area (borland, braxton miller, Hawk, Mangold to name a few). There's an Alter guy committed to Nebraska next year Greg Hart (his sister was on my daughters volleyball team, graduated in '09 also), their quarter back is committed to Notre Dame....just some great players all around.

2 things happened to change what they were doing.

We were getting too deep into the backfield too quick, those kind of motion plays are too big of a risk of being an 8 yard loss against that kind of pressure to be worth the gamble

but more importantly we put Ciante on Abby after his TD and Ciante pretty much owned him the entire 2nd half no matter where he was lined up on the field.