Not sure what to think about our chances next weekend

A quick check of stats reveals a very salty Buckeye run D, they're currently ranked #19 in the country against the run. Against the pass...well, that's a different story, they fall off the map at #94. If I was a betting man, I say we drop this game by 7 - 14.

Their D seemed to have our number last year up tot he point Miller went out and historically we have faired horribly against mobile quarterbacks. I've not seen anything to indicate that trend has changed, the Wisconsin win was nice but their QB had lead feet. We saw what Miller did to us last year and unfortunately, I expect a repeat performance.

I hope I'm wrong.

Until I saw Bo and Paps field a completely different D in the 2nd half against Wisky, I would have to agree with the above. That change and intensity really shocked me. Something I haven't seen in quite some time. The fact that Bo made the comment to the press about him still knowing something about defense shows me Bo has forgotten more than I will ever know.

The DL made up of 4 DE's was a thing of brilliance on 3rd and long.

Evans requesting to cover Abberderis, Randle wanting to get back in, Stein finally playing with intensity shows me something is going on with the D. Leadership is emerging.

I really think that Bo has done some studying and realizes that to win the B1G and possibly the MNC, we will need to stop the mobile QB. There is no way that he can realistically think our standard D will work. It didn't last year when we had less overall talent IMO. Not to take away from David at all, but no Crick, Fonzie basically hurt all year etc.... I think we actually have the DB's in place to stay with Miller. Maybe we even spy this year. Put SJB on him or Evans or Cooper. I really expect Bo to show us something new, if nothing more to throw it in the face of the fans. Hey if disliking us (not saying he does) motivates him to do the old, "I'll show you", then so be it.

Again, the D staff really impressed me last night and I think that the staff, team and fans learned a little bit last night that will pay dividends going forward.

• Fire 1

A quick check of stats reveals a very salty Buckeye run D, they're currently ranked #19 in the country against the run. Against the pass...well, that's a different story, they fall off the map at #94. If I was a betting man, I say we drop this game by 7 - 14.

I think the announcers said Wisconsin was the #13 rushing defense before our game and we put up 259 rushing yards on them and that was with the fumbles and miscues. At this point the rankings are a bit anomalous, nobody has really played anyone of substance. OSU did play MSU but that team is Ball or bust, we're a little more diversified than that. We're going to have to work for it but I don't think we are completely over matched.

I think the announcers said Wisconsin was the #13 rushing defense before our game and we put up 259 rushing yards on them and that was with the fumbles and miscues. At this point the rankings are a bit anomalous, nobody has really played anyone of substance. OSU did play MSU but that team is Ball or bust, we're a little more diversified than that. We're going to have to work for it but I don't think we are completely over matched.

I'd like to see us run the diamond for a good 2 quarters on them, just as a reminder of last year.

Do you guys mainly run Nickel packages? 4-3?

4-3 as a base, but will run nickel and dime against "spread" teams or perceived passing downs. I would imagine more nickel and dime against OSU.

That's where I think Coach Meyer will try to exploit your D.

You will be running Nickel a lot against us because I think you are planning on stopping Braxton's running game.

This is where Carlos Hyde comes in. You will remember him as the guy we stopped running last year in favor of Bauserman's "talent"....

4-3 as a base, but will run nickel and dime against "spread" teams or perceived passing downs. I would imagine more nickel and dime against OSU.

You will be running Nickel a lot against us because I think you are planning on stopping Braxton's running game.

This is where Carlos Hyde comes in. You will remember him as the guy we stopped running last year in favor of Bauserman's "talent"....

I think Bo will go with a similar plan as this week for Wisky: play with an extra man in the box and make Miller throw. Miller will make some plays and our on-and-off defense won't be able to keep up. I'm saying 35-31 Buckeyes with NU barely falling short at the end. Home field ends up making the difference.

Their D seemed to have our number last year up tot he point Miller went out and historically we have faired horribly against mobile quarterbacks. I've not seen anything to indicate that trend has changed, the Wisconsin win was nice but their QB had lead feet. We saw what Miller did to us last year and unfortunately, I expect a repeat performance.

I hope I'm wrong.

Wisconsin's run D was not too shabby either, and we sure ate them up on the ground.

I think Bo will go with a similar plan as this week for Wisky: play with an extra man in the box and make Miller throw. Miller will make some plays and our on-and-off defense won't be able to keep up. I'm saying 35-31 Buckeyes with NU barely falling short at the end. Home field ends up making the difference.

Well the Shoe at night is about a good an atmosphere as it gets in the country. Only Penn State would rival it in the conference for sure.

Well the Shoe at night is about a good an atmosphere as it gets in the country. Only Penn State would rival it in the conference for sure.

Might be some folks on this board with another suggestion... :)