Recruiting weekend

I read there were going to be upwards of 20+ recruits at the Wisconsin game. With the good win and the crowd, anyone know how it turned for us?

Was anyone at the game and see the large contingent? Etc.

Pretty good rundown so you don't have to go through individual threads in the recruiting section. Note: you'll use 1 of your 20 "views" the Warren has imposed on the Herald.

http://sports.omaha.com/2012/10/01/recruiting-prospects-react-to-big-weekend-win-over-wisconsin/

Some rumblings from people who were very happy with recruiting this cycle, but has had their enthusiasm die down notably of late. Same old story - failing to leverage Nebraska's biggest selling point, its incredible gameday experience at atmosphere, to the fullest extent possible. Whether it's trying really hard and just not getting results or the usual concerns about treating it as an afterthought, I don't really know.

With that said, I wonder what our own recruiting in-the-know folks would have to say about this. There's a good measure of subjective opinion involved to be sure, and the season is yet young. 3 home games left.

Just based off of Banderas's comments, seems like 1st half of the game didn't do us any favors, but by the end of the game a lot of guys seemed on board and were having a great time especially David Knevel and Dashon Hunt. It also looks like J.D. Hinnant is now deciding whether he'll even take anymore visits.

I read there were going to be upwards of 20+ recruits at the Wisconsin game. With the good win and the crowd, anyone know how it turned for us?

Was anyone at the game and see the large contingent? Etc.

Pretty good rundown so you don't have to go through individual threads in the recruiting section. Note: you'll use 1 of your 20 "views" the Warren has imposed on the Herald.

http://sports.omaha....over-wisconsin/

Open it in a "Incognito" window or turn off java script and you can avoid those stupid pay walls.

I think we will see hinnant as a N here in the next week or two. also would love to see jo jo kemp pull the trigger, im just wondering if the coaches told him to hold off until we hear about newby and clement. I would never turn a guy like kemp away though. we will most likely take to RB's anyway

Some rumblings from people who were very happy with recruiting this cycle, but has had their enthusiasm die down notably of late. Same old story - failing to leverage Nebraska's biggest selling point, its incredible gameday experience at atmosphere, to the fullest extent possible. Whether it's trying really hard and just not getting results or the usual concerns about treating it as an afterthought, I don't really know.

With that said, I wonder what our own recruiting in-the-know folks would have to say about this. There's a good measure of subjective opinion involved to be sure, and the season is yet young. 3 home games left.

Kids are committing earlier then they were even a few years ago. We have had over 20 unofficial visitors for the 2014 class already, including some of the top prospects at their positions. We have had a couple 2015 visitors already, its getting crazy. You have 2 groups, kids who want to committ early, and those who want to take all their officials before deciding. We had an excellent class on the ones who committed early, and now we are going thru the kids that want to offical. Your not seeing many kids commit on game weekends anymore because they already have a plan set in place to visit other schools. Then if they get excited and want to commit the coaches will tell first time visitors to go home, sleep on it, and make sure its what you want to do. They will take commits from repeat visitors on the spot, problem is all the kids this weekend who arent already committed were first time visitors with more officials scheduled.

I think we will see hinnant as a N here in the next week or two. also would love to see jo jo kemp pull the trigger, im just wondering if the coaches told him to hold off until we hear about newby and clement. I would never turn a guy like kemp away though. we will most likely take to RB's anyway

Per Sean Callahan; Said that we will only take one RB this year, and thinks that's why Kemp isn't a commit yet we are waiting to see what Newby does because he is the number one at that spot.