It is crazy?

...CBs and S turn their heads to see the ball so they can make plays on it, and S helps in run support)

If they don't have time to turn their heads, or feel uncomfortable, they should play the receivers hands. This is what has always been taught, and this is something our secondary is lacking. That is what made Amakamura so good and dangerous, if he couldn't turn his head, he would play off the receivers hands, and with Bo being a former DB, he should be instilling that as well.

He's got to play Miller like we did Tyrod Taylor in '09. Stay in the rush lanes and dont let him get outside. Dont be stunting to the inside and such and drop the 7 in a blanket of coverage. Force him to become a pocket passer and make decisions. If our coverage is as good as it should be, at some point the protection is going to start to break down and he'll have to make a hurried throw. Now as far as designed runs go, who knows.

• Fire 1

We ahvnt shown in the last two years that we can play a completely clean game, even against teams like IDaho State we leave the ball on the ground and have stupid penalties. If we play a clean game, then yes we can win this game by 10+, but I dont see it happening Saturday night.

We may very well win, but there will be some bumps in the road we will have to overcome.

He's got to play Miller like we did Tyrod Taylor in '09. Stay in the rush lanes and dont let him get outside. Dont be stunting to the inside and such and drop the 7 in a blanket of coverage. Force him to become a pocket passer and make decisions. If our coverage is as good as it should be, at some point the protection is going to start to break down and he'll have to make a hurried throw. Now as far as designed runs go, who knows.

I gotta be honest, I disagree. The only reason it worked on Tyrod is because Bo had just broke out that strategy not long before that and Tyrod got impatient. QBs and offensive coordinators have figured out how to beat that strategy by just being patient in the pocket, and eventually they will be able to break loose.

Example: Denard Robinson in 2011.

IMO, to beat a good rushing attack, you have to get to the runner before they get started. That means mixing in CB blitzes, LB blitzes, S blitzes, zone blitzes. Slam that QB into the ground behind the line of scrimmage so many times that by the end of the game, he doesn't want to get back up. You think Bama would have their D Line hold their blocks and wait for the QB to make his move? If you said yes to that question, just watch the Michigan game from earlier in the year. Bama lived in Michigan's backfield, and Denard couldn't do anything about it. THAT is how you play a mobile QB.

Our dline is no where even close to the 09 front. Crick and Suh were perfect for the "mush rush".

i think we need to attack. crazy blitzes. pressure braxton. he may gash us for some big yards, but he may also throw some ill-advised passes. we have to be risky. constantly show different looks, blitz here, stay back in coverage there, show blitz and not blitz, show blitz and blitz, so forth and so on. then, capitalize on his mistakes.

Our dline is no where even close to the 09 front. Crick and Suh were perfect for the "mush rush".

That's true, but if I remember correctly, Tyrod had all day to throw the ball and our secondary held strong. Our D Line just contained him, and when we blitzed our LBs and Safeties made the tackle. We have to disguise coverages and blitz because I don't think he's great at reading defenses. Sometimes I think we're too predictable on D by rushing four all day and we make it easier than we should on young QBs (UCLA and Wisky first half).

Expect a lot of motion and misdirection - just like UCLA and Wisconsin's first half (don't know why they stopped). If I'm Ohio State I'm getting my RBs matched up with Nebraska's LBs all day and also throwing deep on Mitchell.