It is crazy?

Is it crazy that I believe we play mistake free football that this game is gonna be an easier than expected win? I truly believe this. If we don't put the rock on the turf and TMart manages the game like I know he can, we come away with a 10 point win? Just going back and looking at all of the tape on OSU. Millers throw maybe 3 decent passes a game and has a few big runs but the otherwise their offense is stagnant. Their pass defense has it's share of holes and we have arguably the best tandem of WR's in Bell and Enunwa. Also, the whole rap about not being able to run on their defense? I know that they slowed Leveon Bell and all but lets think about this, Bell isn't a burner, I wouldn't even define him as an every down back. More like a short yardage guy. Also, who has tested their defense other than Cal? Michigan State? Their offense has been atrocious from the start. Both almost pulled the upset. Wisconsin came in boasting that too and we got 200+ on the ground. I don't see this game being much different. They don't have a Borland or anyone else on D who's really a playmaker so what is the big deal? I guess i'm feeling a lil more confident than most in that I don't believe we will come out in this game with the same flat first half we played last week.

I guess i'm just not seeing what everyone else is seeing. OSU has steamrolled anyone. I don't believe they will do it to us either. Just my take. In closing, I like our chances in this game. It's a toss up for me. Depending on which NU shows up in Columbus saturday.

Love to hear your guys thoughts.

No...but it is crazy to imagine that the Huskers will play mistake free football.

They don't have a Borland or anyone else on D who's really a playmaker so what is the big deal? I guess i'm feeling a lil more confident than most in that I don't believe we will come out in this game with the same flat first half we played last week.

Johnathan Hankins? http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1785812/johnathan-hankins

But yes, to your point, OSU doen't have a defense full of playmakers. The young guys have showed some promise though. Hopefully they grow up quickly.

To your point of defensive stars, they do have Simon. He is an absolute stud. But I do agree, they haven't been tested at all yet this year.

It doesn't always come down to stars. I remember the '72 Dolphins. The only undefeated team in NFL history. Their defense was actually named "The no name defense", because they had no stars. It can happen, and it will happen Saturday night.

And when it does, there will still be people on this board, being negative about something.

I never said a defense without stars can't be good, I was saying that there was no real standout player. I'm just saying, Cal was the best offense they played this year and they won by 7 at home. They haven't really shown any reason to be considered a threat yet. I am 100% on board with the OP.

I still think we roll 44-17. Just a weird hunch.

I would love to see this happen, but IMO it's a pretty slim chance. If we do roll over top of them that big, one of two things will happen:

1) We jump up the polls and start to create some buzz around the team, OR

2) Everybody shrugs it off and whines about how tOSU is a bad team and way overrated.

I think both are possible.

Like always turnovers will be the key to the game. If we can avoid early turnovers and control the football we will absolutely have a good chance to win. If we put the ball on the turf and let them get out on us like they did last year and like Wisky did last week it will be a long night.

First off, I understand what youre saying. But just pointer. In a better effort to prove your point of "a long night", you might want to use the evidence of 2 game in which we DID NOT come back to win. :thumbs

2) Everybody shrugs it off and whines about how tOSU is a bad team and way overrated.

I already think they are over rated. I have thought this all year, and I was calling for a Cal upset, which almost happened. Due to an interception to seal the game, they won. Same with almost every game they have played this year. They have not even looked threatening against FCS schools, which you would think they would hold to minimal points and put a ton on the board.

If we go in and execute, IF, we will win with a substantial amount. Like I have stated before, as long as we have someone like Santos staying back and always following Miller & not try to cut inside to make a big play, we will contain him (hopefully). Only reason I say Santos, is because he is the fastest LB we have, and he can tackle. I think we should bring consistent LB blitz with Compton and Fisher as well. If our front 4 can dominate the line, we will have better success at making Miller panic. We pushed over Wisky's Oline, we should be able to do the same with tOSU.

If we play like last week, it will be closer than it should be. I am just not sure if my heart can last through another game like that lol.

Either way, GBR!

Maybe Bo will prove me wrong, but I don't see him spying a QB ever. It's just totally against what he does. I think the key to beating Braxton Miller and shutting him down is playing assignment football. If our defense plays like they did in the 2nd half of the UW game ( D Line gets a good push, LBs fill the holes, CBs and S turn their heads to see the ball so they can make plays on it, and S helps in run support) I think we have the ability to throw a wrench into their offense. I hope Bo has a good plan and is able to get the players to execute. We will see in 3 days I guess.

How many times has our defense been made to look stupid by a solid dual threat QB?

No one EVER improves right? No one ever is able to change right? Defenses always commit the same infractions over and over and they never get better...they continue to do the same things over and over.

No offense, but in the 5+ last times we've faced one, there really hasn't been anything to show what you are arguing...