Rex Burkhead

In this report on Sunday Bo said that Rex's injury was not major:

"“Rex is OK,” Pelini said. “I don't think it's major. I don't think it's a long-term thing.”

So hopefully he'll rest up during the bye week and HOPEFULLY be back playing some (I'm hoping not a lot!) in the very near future. Hey Rex, know that we're thinking and praying for you!

http://www.omaha.com...jor-pelini-says

Yes, so now we know definitively Rex's injury is nothing big, since Bo said he is fine.

;):sarcasm

Hey! We more than welcome you and any other OSU fan to any part of our board. Make yourself at home! Plenty of visiting fans come around and are a pleasure to talk to :)

To be honest, OSU fans that are willing to come here atm are probably better company than the Husker fans that come out of the woodwork after a loss. The more the better, imo. Maybe they'll drown out the mouth-breathing peasants and their chanting.

I know as an OSU fan I probably have no business being HERE... but will say that Im glad to hear that it sounds like Burkhead's injury is not serious. The guy is a LOAD. Huskers are a better team with him to be sure.

Good luck with Michigan... Ill be a big time NU fan on the 27th!

Hey, you guys played a good game. Welcome! Thanks for your kind words about Rex. We're all hoping it that it isn't serious either. Bo says he'll be ok. (Rub some dirt on it!) just kidding. Hopefully, we'll hear more tomorrow. Again, welcome!

In this report on Sunday Bo said that Rex's injury was not major:

"“Rex is OK,” Pelini said. “I don't think it's major. I don't think it's a long-term thing.”

So hopefully he'll rest up during the bye week and HOPEFULLY be back playing some (I'm hoping not a lot!) in the very near future. Hey Rex, know that we're thinking and praying for you!

http://www.omaha.com...jor-pelini-says

Yes, so now we know definitively Rex's injury is nothing big, since Bo said he is fine.

;):sarcasm

Yeah. Just 'rub some dirt on it' ;) lol (Hopefully, we'll hear something more tomorrow!)

if he's done for the season couldnt he get a medical RS?

Possible, but that would be a really dumb move on his part. Running backs have a limited shelf life as it is, and we took a few years of of Rex the way we used him last season. Another year here could cost him a "long term" NFL career.

i think he would rather have another shot at things here... and lets be honest... AA would be pushing him for the starting gig by next year.

I know as an OSU fan I probably have no business being HERE... but will say that Im glad to hear that it sounds like Burkhead's injury is not serious. The guy is a LOAD. Huskers are a better team with him to be sure.

please stick around... outside perspective is useful right now.....

So in your opinion.... do you think people have lost their minds on this board?

Nah, just ticked because NU took a hard loss. I tend to think the Huskers are in better shape than many think here, but a serious Burkhead injury would mean a tougher road. From where I stand, a few things happened Saturday:

• Miller (mobile quarterback...) was able to have a great night. I thought it was interesting that he did the same thing last year, but when he went out with an injury the Buckeyes folded like a cheap suit (I was there in Lincoln, it hurt). IMHO, he is a special QB... one of the best we have had for a while (I think a better all around QB than Pryor ever was). NU is not the only team to have a rough time stopping him
  • NU schematically was doing something wrong on the OL... I haven't had time to go back and look at my DVR recording, but it seemed like Simon was sprinting into the NU backfield untouched all night... 5 tackles for a loss including 2 sacks. That's a good day even for him. I really have no idea how many times he hurried Martinez, but I would be willing to bet it contributed to the 3 picks. NU just had too many turnovers, and OSU generally will make you pay for that.
  • The lack of time meant it was harder to get plays pushed into the OSU secondary - which I think is our soft underbelly. When you did, you got some big yards.

I don't know that there are a lot of pat answers for shutting down Miller, but I do think if the Huskers could have protected a little better, there would have been fewer turnovers, and you might have been able to get some passes completed deep enough to expose the OSU secondary - and it might have been a very different game.

I said it in the other thread... I'm very happy that NU joined the B1G. I think there are a LOT of good games in our collective future. I was very impressed with the fans in Lincoln when I came for the NU/OSU game last year... ALL class.

I think the Huskers will do very well in the rest of the schedule... I think Michigan will be a tough road (Robinson is TOUGH to contain). Between us, I hope we can give them at LEAST one loss. Can ya tell, I love to hate Michigan. It is still the best rivalry in sports IMHO.

• Fire 2

Nah, just ticked because NU took a hard loss. I tend to think the Huskers are in better shape than many think here, but a serious Burkhead injury would mean a tougher road. From where I stand, a few things happened Saturday:

• Miller (mobile quarterback...) was able to have a great night. I thought it was interesting that he did the same thing last year, but when he went out with an injury the Buckeyes folded like a cheap suit (I was there in Lincoln, it hurt). IMHO, he is a special QB... one of the best we have had for a while (I think a better all around QB than Pryor ever was). NU is not the only team to have a rough time stopping him
  • NU schematically was doing something wrong on the OL... I haven't had time to go back and look at my DVR recording, but it seemed like Simon was sprinting into the NU backfield untouched all night... 5 tackles for a loss including 2 sacks. That's a good day even for him. I really have no idea how many times he hurried Martinez, but I would be willing to bet it contributed to the 3 picks. NU just had too many turnovers, and OSU generally will make you pay for that.
  • The lack of time meant it was harder to get plays pushed into the OSU secondary - which I think is our soft underbelly. When you did, you got some big yards.

I don't know that there are a lot of pat answers for shutting down Miller, but I do think if the Huskers could have protected a little better, there would have been fewer turnovers, and you might have been able to get some passes completed deep enough to expose the OSU secondary - and it might have been a very different game.

I said it in the other thread... I'm very happy that NU joined the B1G. I think there are a LOT of good games in our collective future. I was very impressed with the fans in Lincoln when I came for the NU/OSU game last year... ALL class.

I think the Huskers will do very well in the rest of the schedule... I think Michigan will be a tough road (Robinson is TOUGH to contain). Between us, I hope we can give them at LEAST one loss. Can ya tell, I love to hate Michigan. It is still the best rivalry in sports IMHO.

MileHighHJC, seriously, though, glad to have you on the board here. Stay around a while, and just remember to say derogatory things about Texass, and you'll do well. :)

milehighjc, welcome and great analysis! Everything you said, was key for our downhill spiral. We just have a lot of livid fans who want to put the blame on one person or staff, when generally, it was a whole.

Braxton is just a playmaker, and he is hard to take down, even for the best of the defensive players. in the country.

MileHighHJC, seriously, though, glad to have you on the board here. Stay around a while, and just remember to say derogatory things about Texass, and you'll do well. :)

Can I trade you a few derogotory remarks about Texas for a few about Michigan? Think Im going to investigate coming to Lincoln for the game on the 27th... could be a pretty fun road trip with my Nebraska and Michigan Alum neighbors, although the Michigan man might not think so...

Can I trade you a few derogotory remarks about Texas for a few about Michigan? Think Im going to investigate coming to Lincoln for the game on the 27th... could be a pretty fun road trip with my Nebraska and Michigan Alum neighbors, although the Michigan man might not think so...

Question is, which shirt would you be wearing? Nebraska or Michigan? Or an OSU shirt? lol