Name your new coach

Chris Petersen is the obvious choice but as one of the other posters pointed out, UCLA offered him the world and he turned it down. If we could get him though, I have a strong feeling it would pay huge dividends almost immediately..the similarities with the natural hurdles he faces working to keep Boise a perennial power are similar to what he would encounter in Lincoln.

He would win here plain and simple and I would be willing to bet Dollars to Cents that he would begin to do so almost immediately.

Gruden would be a disaster...why take an other Calhan type risk on a coach with no substantial college pedigree? We've been down that path before and to do so again would be idiotic.

Carrol would not work..the inherent home grown talent he had access to is what made him so successful at SC...he would be another disaster.

I would agree Carrol is not a fit for NU, but I'm not sure that Gruden is anything like Calahan and I think Peterson could win anywhere.

Some feelers have been put out! My source is Bucky. Will know more in the morning. Bucky told me his seat is White hot and better not get blown out again. Big money Boosters I still do not get. Why would you keep donating your money to a University that has no dividend to get paid back. Just ego I guess.

Art Briles

Gus Malzahn

James Franklin

Paul Rhodes

3 candidates that are proven recruiters and have all shown capable of putting a plan in place to lead a program and one who may not be the recruiter the other three are but can still get talent and understands how to run a midwest program.

No more coordinators training to be a head coach, get a proven head coach who has won at a smaller program and see what they can do with our resources.

I like the way you are thinking here.

My top picks, in no particular order:

Tom Osborne

Bill Snyder

Bob Devaney

Bobby Bowden

Barry Switzer

Now my realistic top picks:

Pat Fitsgerald

Gus Malzahn

James Franklin

Urban Meyer in 3 years after he leaves OSU for health reasons

Mark Dantonio after he gets fired

Rich Rod (eh...)

if we are not loyal to our coaches, should we expect them to be loyal to the program? bo is our guy. everyone needs to calm down and let the season play out.

This. As long as we win 8 games or more every year, I will be willing to give Bo at least 2 more years to show what he can do.

I like the idea of Mark Richt because of the success Georgia has had. And dont count out Paul Rhodes. He has moved ISU way above where they once were. His players have proven they will walk a mile in concrete for the guy. Give him some better level talent and see what he can do. That being said, im not ready to give up on Bo yet. But trust me, if he doesnt get his head out of his ass things are going down hill for the guy fast.

This was the point of the thread. I like Bo a lot. I think he will be here for years to come if he wants to be here. Osborne took 23 years to get a NC. Everyone freaked when Steve Pedersen fired a coach with a 700 winning percentage and hired a clown of a coach.

Bo has been at the helm for 5-1/2 years and has a 700 winning percentage. Granted there are some losses that are hard to stomach but I think that in the end we will look back it won't be so bad.

Gotta give him some time to get things in place. What was opted here shows that we have one of the better coaches in football because out of the names that were listed were either never going to happen or was not necessarily better than Bo.

He will put it together. Just watch.

• Fire 1