Name your new coach

I think the game last night sucked. I think also that Bo needs a couple more years. That being said, some do not agree. So I ask you to put it down here who would be better and how much we should be willing to pay to get them. Personally, I can think of only one person. Pete Carrol. 4 million a season. What say you?

He would be nice to get but your gonna need to pay him more then that. He already make 6.7 million a year with Seattle

He would be nice too get if we want Nebraska on NCAA sanctions. I'll pass.

This entire discussion is stupid. It's been said a hundred times: Bo's first 2 recruiting classes were piss poor. Those are the guys we see on the field right now. He has some freakin' studs lined up in the chutes behind the guys we have starting that will make a huge impact here really soon. Those guys I'm talking about are:

Rose

Afalava

Thomas Brown

Avery Moss

Curry

Charles Jackson

Daniel Davie

Harvey Jackson

McMullen

Josh Mitchell

Peat

Jonathan Rose

Santos

Valentine

Vestal

Kevin Williams

That's a lot of guys that have either played and looked good, or are said to be monsters. While I'm disappointed that Bo didn't recruit better his first couple years here, I like what I see from the young guys, and I want to see how far Bo can take us when his younger stallions are on the field next year and for the next 3 years.

agree that his last couple of classes are much better. But how many of these are currently seeing MEANINGFUL playing time? 3, maybe 4? If they are that good, then get them on the field.

On coaching change: I still think Bo is our guy. He has brought us a long way from the Clownahan days. However, someone needs to tell him to stop pouting after losses and practice what he preaches. He blames losses on execution, but he does not execute with the media after losses. Take the diapers off and grow up a little Bo.

As for coaches if it is not Bo: I like what Art Briles has done at Baylor. Think about what they were prior to him coming there. From embarrassment to dangerous. I also like Peterson. His brand of football would seem to mesh with Nebraska's.

I think Kevin Williams has seen some playing time this year.

Why haven't they started? I think there is a philosophy in this coaching staff that true freshmen should rarely start, regardless of how talented they are. Unless, of course, it will make more sense for the kid to start now because he will be the best option going forward for the next 4 years instead of riding the pine and missing out on two years of eligibility.

I'm going to give Bo more time--how much time will be determined by our performances over the next coming years.

agree that his last couple of classes are much better. But how many of these are currently seeing MEANINGFUL playing time? 3, maybe 4? If they are that good, then get them on the field.

Because they're young/redshirting/developing?

The point is that Bo's first two recruiting classes, they are the upperclass backbone of the team right now. Any way you slice it, that hurts us. Putting a bunch of wet-behind-the-years younger players on the field isn't necessarily the answer, depending on how ready they are (which we don't know).

The problem is not that we're not playing the right guys. It begins and ends with the issues from those initial recruiting classes.

I'm sticking with Bo, he needs to make some changes to his staff and that's obvious. He also needs to swallow his pride and realize that changes need to be made, he made some mistakes, deal with it and move on. His stubborness will cost him his job if he doesn't come to terms with it. I still think he's a good coach, but he's still learning how to be a head coach. He keeps winning 9 + games and he'll stay the coach here, if he starts slowly dipping down to 7 wins and wins then he'll be gone.

I'd be on the Franklin wagon. I'd also be interested to see what a guy like Pat Hill could do w/ Nebraska resources. I'm definately done w/ hiring XYZ big-name coordinator from whatever school with the most money that happens to be dominating at that given time. Give me a tenured head coach at a mid-major or lower level BCS school that has earned his way through the head coaching ranks. And the first question I'd ask each of them will be "who's your ace recruiter you're bringing with you and how much do we need to pay them to make it happen?"