ESPN Big 10 power rankings...ouch

bdubb75

They were not at all kind to us (and why would they be?!!):

4. Nebraska (4-2, 1-1, last week: 2): Pelini had no explanation for his team's latest road meltdown at a big-boy stadium. After a strong first quarter, Nebraska's defense fell apart, allowing six consecutive touchdown drives. Quarterback Taylor Martinez reverted to his past roadkill form and committed four turnovers, including an interception returned for a touchdown. The Huskers have talent and an exciting, big-play offense, but they repeatedly wilt in the spotlight away from Lincoln. The good news: They can still win a weak league.

We can still be a giant...among a weak legends division.

4. Nebraska (4-2, 1-1, last week: 2): Pelini had no explanation for his team's latest road meltdown at a big-boy stadium. After a strong first quarter, Nebraska's defense fell apart, allowing six consecutive touchdown drives. Quarterback Taylor Martinez reverted to his past roadkill form and committed four turnovers, including an interception returned for a touchdown. The Huskers have talent and an exciting, big-play offense, but they repeatedly wilt in the spotlight away from Lincoln. The good news: They can still win a weak league.

Couldn't have said it any better.

The bad news:

We got our butts kicked by a team that currently looks really good.

The good news:

We don't have to beat them or a team of their caliber to win the conference title.

They only looked good against our melted butter defense. UAB held them to 29 pts and 347 yards....that is depressing. Or how about Cal just held UCLA to 17 points and less than 400 yards....even more depressing.

The bad news:

We got our butts kicked by a team that currently looks really good.

The good news:

We don't have to beat them or a team of their caliber to win the conference title.

They looked good against us no doubt but we made them look a lot better than they are.

Replying to ESPN Big 10 power rankings...ouch

....ouch? #4 is okay and fair IMO. I thought #5 or even #6 especially ESPN source. BTW, where's ESPN Bottom 10 rankings? I can't find it.

They haven't come out with a new one yet this week, but here's last week's.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/page/bottom10121003/bieber-fever-the-bottom-10

Just click on the link in a couple of days, they should have a new one out by then.

Replying to ESPN Big 10 power rankings...ouch

....ouch? #4 is okay and fair IMO. I thought #5 or even #6 especially ESPN source. BTW, where's ESPN Bottom 10 rankings? I can't find it.

They haven't come out with a new one yet this week, but here's last week's.

http://espn.go.com/c...r-the-bottom-10

Just click on the link in a couple of days, they should have a new one out by then.

Thanks! I almost guaranteed our Huskers will add Bottom 10 list.