Really what do fans want?

I want a team that plays every game with their hair on fire.

I want a team that when the offense snaps the ball, the defense has a clue as to what is going on, not making hand signals and gestures as the ball is snapped and after.

A prepared team that fights till the end, no deer in the headlights look

I want the best on the field period.

I want coaches that know what they are doing, not on the job training.

I could care less who the coach is, if Bo can get those things done, keep him for the rest of his life. Just do the job your hired to do, learn as you go, but make improvements, not steps back. I want a smart working coach that delegates authority so his assistants can learn.

Again, if Bo can do it, keep him. He has not done to well in five years as I see it. We line up tomato cans to get the wins and then we bleed all over oursleves when we hit talent.

I am praying we see something against Northwestern that gives us hope, rather blind following.

• Fire 1

Fuzzy may be sarcastic but really, that is what we want. It is what we all want. We all want a team that, come the end of the year, has zero or one loss. Two losses might be "okay" if the year before was a great year or if there was some other MAJOR issue.

But lets face it, we all want a team that kicks ass. That is why when we don't get that, it hurts or bothers us so much.

I bet you, two years ago, when Bama lost 3 games, that people were FREAKING OUT! Heck, I remember in college when NU lost to ASU. Holy cow! Soooooo many people freaked out and wanted Frost benched.

Face it, we really want a big fat zero in the loss column.

I want hard nosed, consistent football that doesn't make stupid continual mistakes. One that values not turning over the ball and one that plays with their hair on fire forcing turnovers themselves. Something like you see from Kansas State (just with better recruiting) currently. I expect 10 wins a season. Sure we aren't going to go 13-0 often but 10-3 or 11-2 should be the norm.

If you want to admit it or not, Bo IS a control freak. He has yes men as his coordinators that run exactly what he wants and nothing else. He won't bring in top notch coordinators due to having to give over power or letting those guys do their jobs (possibly running a different defense than he wants).

He can turn things around if he would just adapt plain and simple. If it is broke, fix it! Just don't sit there saying, "I don't know, you tell me"?

The best coaches adapt to their personnel and play to their strengths.

I want things the way they used to be.....period. And, I want my administration to keep firing coaches until someone gives me that....period. I want to believe that leaving the Big 12 was really a good thing. I want to believe that we should compete for a national championship every year, even though not many universities do that anymore. I want to dismiss the fact that college football is cyclical, and even the best programs need about a million things to fall into place in order to grab the crown. I want to believe that being competitive, good, or really good just isn't good enough. Why? Because we are Nebraska. I want to forget the present and the future, and have my past brought back. Can someone do that for me?

And when a defensive genius (self proclaimed) lets his team consistently give up huge yards and points to the better than average teams you would think he might say hmm..... maybe I need to adjust this scheme to fit my players.

What scheme is suited for slow, weak, soft defensive lineman and linebackers?

That almost made me choke on my pizza...that's just plain funny.

I want things the way they used to be.....period. And, I want my administration to keep firing coaches until someone gives me that....period.

As dimwitted as this sentiment is, at least you don't beat around the bush. I can respect that.

I guess my point is that there are programs out there who have historically lost, gotten good, and the fan base expectations have risen to a point where there is "hope" each season that good/great things will happen. I don't understand why, since the landscape of CFB has changed, why our expecations can't change along with it??? I know we want to be competitive all time, and we always want clean, crisp teams who can execute. And we want coaches who are great representatives and embassadors. But, there aren't too many programs out there who have zero warts, and win (and win big) year in and year out. When I have beers with my other long time Husker fans who are old enough to remember "those days", these guys, and many on this board, demand a consistent level of excellence that I just don't think will ever happen here, and may only happen in one or two programs over time.