What can Bo do to regain your support

First let me state that Bo has not lost my support. I think he can get the job done, there are things I question and would like to see some things fixed. I think we can all agree that winning fixes all, in no way am I saying that we need to win every game because that isn’t realistic but here are something’s that I think would win him favor and show all of us that he is the guy to bring us back to what we want:

1. Compete, what I mean is beat bad teams like we should, don't play down to level of our competition and continue to improve week in and week out. No more getting throttled by 20 plus points. No more losing to some weird Iowa St or Northwestern. I know it’s tough to get the guys up for games like that every week but that’s what good coaches do.

2. Fix the little things, no more killing ourselves every week. I want us to be more disciplined. After getting beat by someone I want to say hey nice game and think and believe that "the better team won" many times that hasn’t been the case. Many times after a loss we all think if we didn’t have 5 turnover or 10 penalties or little things like that. It’s not doing the little things right most of the time it’s all the time. Once you set that as an expectation then uphold it and hold guys accountable, if they aren’t doing the little things get them out. Set an attitude of excellence all the time and never deviate from it.

3. Continue to recruit like he done, I think he has done fine here so I would just want to see that continue. I would like to emphasize that I think stars *** is overrated and it’s more about developing that talent.

4. Treat the media with a bit more respect, (personally I could careless how he does interviews or what he says) but I know it bothers some and I can see how it can rub people the wrong way and we are paying his salary so he should answer the questions and not try to always seem so superior.

Notice I didn’t say anything about winning the B1G or a national title or anything like that. That’s because I think if he does these things and continues to do what he is doing that those things will take care of themselves over time.

I really don’t think any of this is unreasonable or anything.

I know I have limited posts on here and typically I am just looking for some good discussion and news from Lincoln and get the pulse of the rest of the Husker fans. So because of that feel free to bash away.

Honestly, Bo would have to almost literally become a completely different person to regain my support. Sure, winning would help me be a little more willing to look past some things. But at the end of the day, I just flat don't like the way he comes off and represents Nebraska.

If our record was exactly what it is today and Bo just had a little bit of class, I'd be much more supportive of him. But the guy acts like a little bitch constantly and embarrasses Nebraska. From his entitled stance when he wasn't handed Frank's job to the way he treated Bill Snyder to his wife's FUSP gloves...all the way through to the flipping the clipboard at our own crowd to just flat out acting like a dick to every single media member he comes across to his sideline tantrums and everything in between. There really are too many instances to name or try to remember. An isolated instance like that or two and it's a funny side note on who Bo is. But Bo's personality flaws and tantrums and outbursts and the like are so frequent that they have come to define who he is and truly override any positive personality traits he may posses. And, unfortunately, those same flaws are coming to define Nebraska football. I have a problem with that.

The Nebraska I know doesn't act that way. Nebraska people don't act that way. Bo is less "Nebraska" than any head coach I can remember and he's not who I want as a face for one of the things that identifies Nebraska the most. He's not the perception I want the rest of the college football nation to have of Nebraska. The way he acts is not what I want my son/daughter growing up idolizing.

So, he would have to completely change who he is in order to gain back my support and given that he's in his 40's, I don't see that happening. He is who he is and it's not who I want representing our once proud Nebraska program.

When was his last tantrum this season?

Last game. Sideline report came back after halftime I believe. Something to the effect of "I tried to interview Bo Pelini and he was trite offering nothing but one word answers." Sounded like a tantrum to me.

So one word tantrums? How would you behave after witnessing your team perform like that?

Honestly, Bo would have to almost literally become a completely different person to regain my support. Sure, winning would help me be a little more willing to look past some things. But at the end of the day, I just flat don't like the way he comes off and represents Nebraska.

If our record was exactly what it is today and Bo just had a little bit of class, I'd be much more supportive of him. But the guy acts like a little bitch constantly and embarrasses Nebraska. From his entitled stance when he wasn't handed Frank's job to the way he treated Bill Snyder to his wife's FUSP gloves...all the way through to the flipping the clipboard at our own crowd to just flat out acting like a dick to every single media member he comes across to his sideline tantrums and everything in between. There really are too many instances to name or try to remember. An isolated instance like that or two and it's a funny side note on who Bo is. But Bo's personality flaws and tantrums and outbursts and the like are so frequent that they have come to define who he is and truly override any positive personality traits he may posses. And, unfortunately, those same flaws are coming to define Nebraska football. I have a problem with that.

The Nebraska I know doesn't act that way. Nebraska people don't act that way. Bo is less "Nebraska" than any head coach I can remember and he's not who I want as a face for one of the things that identifies Nebraska the most. He's not the perception I want the rest of the college football nation to have of Nebraska. The way he acts is not what I want my son/daughter growing up idolizing.

So, he would have to completely change who he is in order to gain back my support and given that he's in his 40's, I don't see that happening. He is who he is and it's not who I want representing our once proud Nebraska program.

When was his last tantrum this season?

Last game. Sideline report came back after halftime I believe. Something to the effect of "I tried to interview Bo Pelini and he was trite offering nothing but one word answers." Sounded like a tantrum to me.

So one word tantrums? How would you behave after witnessing your team perform like that?

Just to add another point how does ESPN try to portray Bo? Everytime we get a penalty or anything goes wrong boom a camera is right on him. Also in the National Championship game last year Saban blew up on an O linemen for a false start in the fourth quarter when Alabama had complete control of the game. Of course Herbstreit and Burnt Cheeseburger acted like he was a saint because he demands perfection.

If Bo Pelini would spearhead the drive to take Nebraska out of this weak conglomeration of second class football teams that most refer to as the Big 10 and champion the team's return to it's traditional and rightful home in the Big 12, I would support him unto death...

28239164.jpg

Ho ho! Jolly Joker!

Good to see you post Cy! you have been missed. If the Big 12 could take a bis $hit and get rid of all the South West Conference low lifes I'd love to come back. Unfortunately its just not in the cards. Anyway good to hear from you.

T_O_B

:bigredn:

If Bo Pelini would spearhead the drive to take Nebraska out of this weak conglomeration of second class football teams that most refer to as the Big 10 and champion the team's return to it's traditional and rightful home in the Big 12, I would support him unto death...

28239164.jpg

That was incredibly well played!

:D

:thumbs

Are you secretly getting some kind of magical Huskerboard circle jerk points for making comments like this?

This is a forum. An anonymous forum. For discussing Husker football. On the internet. Husker football is being discussed.

Uh oh walks...this guy is on to you...sharper than a Polish hunting knife he is...

just re-watched the first half of the osu game and we looked pretty good. i am still not sure how that game got away from us. my takeaway, the only way that game is truly a failure is if bo did not learn from it. i am sure he has been over that game tape many times and i assume he would want to go back and do some things differently.

for those of us freaking out and derping a herpy derp, we are closer than you give us credit for.

I think it's time Bo shuts his mouth and stops with his normal rhetoric and does his job and wins. If he doesn't win, but at least we played well enough to be in the game then i'm ok, but to play like we have been against decent to good teams is simply unacceptable to me. No more of the party line he touts after every loss and no more excuses. This is year 5 and his players, time to man up and stop giving us BS excuses.

• 1 month later...

I think it's time Bo shuts his mouth and stops with his normal rhetoric and does his job and wins. If he doesn't win, but at least we played well enough to be in the game then i'm ok, but to play like we have been against decent to good teams is simply unacceptable to me. No more of the party line he touts after every loss and no more excuses. This is year 5 and his players, time to man up and stop giving us BS excuses.

Curious about what your opinion is now.