B1G Expansion and more Conference Realignment

VectorVictor

that makes sense. I guess I was just looking at it from the perspective that you would have more teams that you play every year. But you are probably right. and for my own selfish reasons I was just looking for a way to let Nebraska continue playing PSU every year. I really dont want that game to go away.

So if this indeed does go down in the next month or so.

UNC --> Big Ten

UVA --> Big Ten

VaTech --> SEC

NCST --> SEC

FSU --> Big XII

Clemson --> Big XII

GIT--> Big Ten? Big XII?

Pitt --> Boned

SU --> Boned

Louisville --> Big XII?

Duke --> Big Ten? Boned?

Miami --> Big XII?

Wake--> Boned

BC--> Boned

so, who gets the best deal here? How can UVA be more valuable than VaTech?

UNC --> Big Ten

UVA --> Big Ten

VaTech --> SEC

NCST --> SEC

FSU --> Big XII

Clemson --> Big XII

GIT--> Big Ten? Big XII?

Pitt --> Boned

SU --> Boned

Louisville --> Big XII?

Duke --> Big Ten? Boned?

Miami --> Big XII?

Wake--> Boned

BC--> Boned

Academics?...

• Fire 2

UNC --> Big Ten

UVA --> Big Ten

VaTech --> SEC

NCST --> SEC

FSU --> Big XII

Clemson --> Big XII

GIT--> Big Ten? Big XII?

Pitt --> Boned

SU --> Boned

Louisville --> Big XII?

Duke --> Big Ten? Boned?

Miami --> Big XII?

Wake--> Boned

BC--> Boned

Academics?...

academics don't add tv sets. In this scenario, the B1G gets the worst deal of the 3 conferences.

that makes sense. I guess I was just looking at it from the perspective that you would have more teams that you play every year. But you are probably right. and for my own selfish reasons I was just looking for a way to let Nebraska continue playing PSU every year. I really dont want that game to go away.

Well if we can find a way to get Nebraska and PSU in the same division we can do that :D

There are VERY few schools that have a nationwide reach in terms of athletic popularity and academic popularity.

UVA might not be one but UNC is one of the select few and I think I will take the hit of adding UVA(one of the top-5 public schools and in a great recruiting state) to get UNC.

I think OSU,scUM, ND, PSU, UNC, UT are part of a select few of schools who have a whole bunch of bandwagon fans, alumni bases across the country(ND less than the others for obvious reasons) and tremendous popularity. You can spot Tar Heel stuff all over this country. Bama, for all their football success, is still only seen for the most part in the south east.

UNC is worth it and is much more valuable than VaTech and NCST combined.

wow, wow, wow.....

This could be interesting update. Not from me. From a very good source so I don't want to take credit for it. thought i'd let you guys know.

Big Ten won't be adding just 1 or 2 schools from the ACC(i think we've all come to this conclusion) but that's the not the update.

the Big Ten apparently HAS shown interest in FSU. Not saying it will happen but FSU is putting on a show and an academic plan for the Big Ten and Chicago.

Oh and a school with GOLD helmets WILL join the Big Ten according to this source. I feel pretty good about this one.(Hint: it's a school that I don't really want to add but the Big Ten has wanted for a while now)

wow, wow, wow.....

This could be interesting update. Not from me. From a very good source so I don't want to take credit for it. thought i'd let you guys know.

Big Ten won't be adding just 1 or 2 schools from the ACC(i think we've all come to this conclusion) but that's the not the update.

the Big Ten apparently HAS shown interest in FSU. Not saying it will happen but FSU is putting on a show and an academic plan for the Big Ten and Chicago.

Oh and a school with GOLD helmets WILL join the Big Ten according to this source. I feel pretty good about this one.(Hint: it's a school that I don't really want to add but the Big Ten has wanted for a while now)

GT or Bama's whipping boy?

wow, wow, wow.....

GT or Bama's whipping boy?

I'm all in favor of GT joining the Big Ten :D and I have been from the beginning. It's the other school

I think those two schools would be the biggest needle pushing combo possible for the B1G. If that turns out true, I'd be ecstatic! Especially if we went to 18 and got GT and INC.

The Catholic 7 will surely be a player.

Considering these Big conference will want to leave the NCAA, "Independence" might mean jack squat in future big time college football. Delany's goal is to get that point across.

If they join then the Big Ten will probably go to 20 instead of 18

So, it's possibly: Florida state, GT, UVA, UNC, Duke, ND?

I would say that's very possible with FSU being the least likely.

You have to get into the mind of the presidents to know if FSU joins or not but FSU wants in. That is certain.

The Catholic 7 conference is the barrier between ND and the Big Ten. That's it.

UNC,UVA and GIT. I can't imagine they don't join. sooo much smoke. From the people at OSU to the people who have been told at U of Cincy and UConn per Andy Katz.

Duke is interesting. I can see them joining and I can see them being shut out. Nothing concrete and no smoke like the other ACC schools.

BC(yuck) is also an option.

So, it's possibly: Florida state, GT, UVA, UNC, Duke, ND?

I would say that's very possible with FSU being the least likely.

You have to get into the mind of the presidents to know if FSU joins or not but FSU wants in. That is certain.

The Catholic 7 conference is the barrier between ND and the Big Ten. That's it.

UNC,UVA and GIT. I can't imagine they don't join. sooo much smoke. From the people at OSU to the people who have been told at U of Cincy and UConn per Andy Katz.

Duke is interesting. I can see them joining and I can see them being shut out. Nothing concrete and no smoke like the other ACC schools.

BC(yuck) is also an option.

Oh ok, I figured it's all tentative anyways. Can't be sure of anything till its officially announced.

I wonder how much longer till Delany announces?