Binders-deal or no deal

"I had the chance to pull together a cabinet and all the applicants seemed to be men."

I like how you skip right over that comment.

. . . and then (shockingly!) shortly after that he says "all men."

So let's summarize:

1. Romney first says that all of the applicants seemed to be men.

2. Romney then says that the applicants were all men.

3. You conclude that this means that:

So he saw the list of people noticed lots of men and few women . . .

Let me put this as bluntly as I can because I don't want you to miss it: What you are arguing is unsupported by what Romney said. It's not implied. It's simply not there. I can see why you want to add it . . . but we DO have a video and a transcript. If you have a shred of intellectual honesty you can not argue what you are arguing.

Implying doesn't put words in your mouth, that why its implied. You brought up affirmative action, which is about giving preferential treatment to minorities, which would imply that the candidates who are minorities got a little bump up against other non minority candidates.

It's becoming increasingly clear that you don't understand what affirmative action is. The easiest example is your belief that affirmative action is defined as "giving preferential treatment to minorities."

Romney wanted more candidates who were women, and got them, then picked from the pool of initial and added candidates and chose who they thought was the best for the position. You said Romney rejected the Male candidates before asking for only women.

One more time, maybe you'll follow:

1. Romney received a group of qualified male applicants.

2. Romney wanted qualified women applicants.

3. Romney found qualified women applicants and hired many qualified women.

^ Hey everybody Carl's back!!!

And so ends another political thread, far from the intended topic of discussion...

We already proved Romney is a pig misogynist, what else is there to do?

I think that's about it.

I just think it's funny how the political forum is the most divisive and yet unifying forum on this board.

And so ends another political thread, far from the intended topic of discussion...

I think that's about it.

I just think it's funny how the political forum is the most divisive and yet unifying forum on this board.

nothing will ever be more controversial than t-mart's throwing motion or bo's demeanor.

nothing will ever be more controversial than t-mart's throwing motion or bo's demeanor.

Well yes, but they don't bring everybody together at the end to talk about wine selection, cooking tips, or mowing the lawn like we do here. Usually it's 2 or 3 guys against 100 and someone is always butt hurt on both sides after it's over with.

If this forum proves nothing else, it shows that, Republican or Democrat, Conservative or Liberal, Moderate or Extremist, we all have opinions. And we'll all be able to find a link that supports that opinion.

In the end, I just hope we all realize that one truth does not fade over time. That is:

United we stand, divided we fall (e pluribus, unum)

I'll leave you with this. A quote from a chick flick, of all things:

President Andrew Shepherd: For the last couple of months, Senator Rumson has suggested that being president of this country was, to a certain extent, about character, and although I have not been willing to engage in his attacks on me, I've been here three years and three days, and I can tell you without hesitation: Being President of this country is entirely about character.

.... America isn't easy. America is advanced citizenship. You gotta want it bad, 'cause it's gonna put up a fight. It's gonna say "You want free speech? Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make your blood boil, who's standing center stage and advocating at the top of his lungs that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of yours. You want to claim this land as the land of the free? Then the symbol of your country can't just be a flag; the symbol also has to be one of its citizens exercising his right to burn that flag in protest. Show me that, defend that, celebrate that in your classrooms. Then, you can stand up and sing about the "land of the free". ... We have serious problems to solve, and we need serious people to solve them. And whatever your particular problem is, I promise you, Bob Rumson is not the least bit interested in solving it. He is interested in two things and two things only: making you afraid of it and telling you who's to blame for it.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is how you win elections. You gather a group of middle-aged, middle-class, middle-income voters who remember with longing an easier time, and you talk to them about family and American values and character. And wave an old photo of the President's girlfriend and you scream about patriotism and you tell them, she's to blame for their lot in life, and you go on television and you call her a whore. Sydney Ellen Wade has done nothing to you, Bob. She has done nothing but put herself through school, represent the interests of public school teachers, and lobby for the safety of our natural resources. You want a character debate, Bob? You better stick with me, 'cause Sydney Ellen Wade is way out of your league.

LINK

I think that's about it.

Was it a good thing or bad thing that Frank Solich was fired?

I think that's about it.

Was it a good thing or bad thing that Frank Solich was fired?

touche.