Rich Fisher

Of all the coach hires that Bo has done, Fisher was scrutinized more than any other. Fans claimed it was a horrible hire due to him running a golf academy before coming here.

All that said, I believe he has done an absolute fantastic job with our WRs. One of my dreams for Nebraska was to have a really good WR corp with multiple targets that go up and fight to catch balls. We now have that.

Good job coach Fisher.

Great hire Bo.

• Fire 3

Take T-Mart completely out of it and go back to what ever QB you want to. I challenge you to come up with a better crop of receivers from top to bottom than what we have right now. These guys are tough, fast, strong, run good routes, fight for the ball, get yards after the catch, have attitude and swagger....and on top of that, we have some REALLY good blockers in that group.

I'm loving watching them play.

Rich Fisher hiring was great.

Ross Ells hiring was great

Tim Beck's promotion was great

Terry Joseph's hiring was great

Rick Kaczenski's hiring was great

John Papuchis' promotion is still questionable, but I have a feeling will be great.

He has hired/promoted a lot of coaches that are doing great things for us, and a lot of them, or most of them have been equally scrutinized as much as the other. Quality coaching staff, and takes more than a year or two to see their best performances.

• Fire 2

Let's not forget that Tay-Mart has improved incredibly as a throwing QB.

T_O_B

I think Taylor throwing a much more catchable ball this year is the biggest reason our WRs look better. Last year we were complaining about the drops. It's difficult to catch the ball when you have no idea where to expect it. This year TM is hitting them a lot more accurately so the WRs can focus on running the route and getting open rather than worrying about adjusting to make a catch. Props to the WRs for making the catches though. They just need to be improve their ball security after the catch when trying to gain the extra yards. Funny how our expectations rise as performance improves. Last year I would have been happy with the number of completed passes. Now that Turner has had some catches I think it has motivated him to finish his routes. Good post, it's easy to be negative so we should make extra effort to praise the good things.

T_O_B

I think Taylor throwing a much more catchable ball this year is the biggest reason our WRs look better. Last year we were complaining about the drops. It's difficult to catch the ball when you have no idea where to expect it. This year TM is hitting them a lot more accurately so the WRs can focus on running the route and getting open rather than worrying about adjusting to make a catch. Props to the WRs for making the catches though. They just need to be improve their ball security after the catch when trying to gain the extra yards. Funny how our expectations rise as performance improves. Last year I would have been happy with the number of completed passes. Now that Turner has had some catches I think it has motivated him to finish his routes. Good post, it's easy to be negative so we should make extra effort to praise the good things.

T_O_B

This is a factor too. Not only have the WR's improved... but they do have more catchable passes to catch. Both the QB and the WR have improved

Rich Fisher hiring was great.

Ross Ells hiring was great

Tim Beck's promotion was great

Terry Joseph's hiring was great

Rick Kaczenski's hiring was great

John Papuchis' promotion is still questionable, but I have a feeling will be great.

He has hired/promoted a lot of coaches that are doing great things for us, and a lot of them, or most of them have been equally scrutinized as much as the other. Quality coaching staff, and takes more than a year or two to see their best performances.

Ross Ells is the one I question the most....

This is a factor too. Not only have the WR's improved... but they do have more catchable passes to catch. Both the QB and the WR have improved

Nothing illustrates that better than the second to last TD pass (if I recall correctly). I've seen other teams run that route and remember thinking that we would fail miserably trying something like that. It requires a nice touch on the pass and good timing between QB and WR.

His 2nd year and he has brought talent into our program. Look at his coaching on what Santos can do on the field. Three 4* linebackers (depending on who you look at) have verbally committed here for next year. Its hard to retrain kids your way, when they have been taught another way before you got there. He is making the best out of what he has right now. If Compton and Fisher were faster, you would see them be more dynamic.

Out of all of our coaches, Barney Cotten is the one I question the most, and who may not have a job at the end of the season.

His 2nd year and he has brought talent into our program. Look at his coaching on what Santos can do on the field. Three 4* linebackers (depending on who you look at) have verbally committed here for next year. Its hard to retrain kids your way, when they have been taught another way before you got there. He is making the best out of what he has right now. If Compton and Fisher were faster, you would see them be more dynamic.

Out of all of our coaches, Barney Cotten is the one I question the most, and who may not have a job at the end of the season.

Even with Cotton, the o-line better start a downward spiral now, and it better be a fast one for him to lose his job, because to say that the O-line hasnt progressed positively over the last 4 years (starting with the dismal '09 version) is just not know what talking about.

Well... as a bottom liner, the only units that have improved are the WR's & maybe the DB's. Those coaches get kudos.

The OL, the DL, the LBer's, the special teams and the overall team (pointing to the head coach), have either slightly regressed or have flat-lined.

So... the buck stops at the coach. Fischer for certain & maybe, maybe Joseph are the only coaches fielding units that are improving. All other coaches... including the head coach... have the arrow pointed the wrong way (or, have no trend other than status quo).

Overall, dismal coaching (as evidenced by confused players not lining up well, penalties, fumbling, lack of turnovers on the D, poor technique in the trenches, in tackling, disengaging blocks, pad level, etc. just all sorts of obvious problems with overall coaching). But several guys are doing well.

Fischer the most obvious one who is earning his pay.

• Fire 1